The Suds Report: Feb. 6, 2009

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I forgot to add, I'm really REALLY against any of the recent firings from DAYS washing up at Y&R or B&B. Those shows don't need the albatrosses that Deidre Hall, Drake Hogestyn, Mary Beth Evans and Stephen Nichols would all be. Those shows need to focus on the casts they have now and not [!@#$%^&*] things up by importing a DAYS star to play a character that is no longer relevant.

• Members

OLTL GL

Monday: 1.9/2,422,000 Monday: 1.5/2,063,00o

Tuesday: 2.0/2,512,000 Tuesday: 1.7/2,547,000

Wednesday: 2.1/2,765,000 Wednesday: 1.7/2,613,000

Thursday: 2.0/2,639,000 Thursday: 1.6/2,421,000

Friday: 1.9/2,576,000 Friday: 1.5/2,132,000

GL beat OLTL on Tuesday in Total Viewers. And was only 165,000 viewers from tying OLTL on Wednesday. OLTL still has the higher HH numbers though.

• Members

Yes! That is her... I totally miss her - she was awesome. I saw her on a commercial a few years ago, and one some random episode of a TV show I used to watch (escapes me...) -- oh and I saw her on this random movie last year (again, escapes me...but I always go ARLENE!)

• Members

I guess I was pretty neutral on the shipping thing. It WAS opposite of fashion, but I never paid that much attention to it. I don't necessarily care about his business coming back, it's just that he would be a logical character since the Marone's have come back to the frontburner, and are involved in a business storyline (whether it be shipping or not).

• Members

I don't understand the slam against Jill Lorie Hurst because she's only written for Guiding Light. Is it an accomplishment for a soap writer to go glom onto a half-dozen different soaps? Hasn't Nelson's beloved Ron Carlivati only written for OLTL?

• Members

Nelson has done more to generate enthusiasm for the soap genre than any other mainstream media.

Of course he tries to generate buzz with polarization. That's also what happens on The View, Rush Limbaugh, Michael Savage, Perez Hilton. It is a persona. I personally sometimes have issues.

Would we rather have NOTHING? US TV Guide just stepped out of the soap biz (online), and I feel we are poorer for it.

• Members

Mark, I get what you're saying about Nelson, but for me it just comes off as fangurlish and unprofessional. He snipes at other columnists or fans who don't agree with him. He vascillates for virtually no reason. He just confirms what I've believed about so many columnists -- they're simply fans with a forum. No more informed or intelligent than many posters on this board. And I wonder how he'd feel to be compared to Rush Limbaugh? Ugh!

• Members

Personally, I find that comparison hilarious! :lol: But I agree with your comments about Branco's "professionalism". But, that comment he made about pedophilia really set me off. (In another column). That was crossing the line, and I hope they ream his ass for it.

Archived