AMC: Thursday, January 29, 2009

• Members

What a great show today! I agree with all you posters.

Erica was fab. From the snow to the framed pictures at the end.

LOVED seeing Mary again! That was a nice surprise, bc I didn't think she was coming for another couple of weeks...or whenever Greenlee leaves.

Really enjoyed the actress who played Reese's mother - and those scenes were great.

Some days I'm loving That Bitch of a Doctor, and other days I'm not...but today I LOVED her. I really love how she put Tad in his place today. Also really love the aggressive, villianess side of her with Annie. I really am sad for Annie though - trying so hard to not say anything and then getting medicated against her will. MCE is really rocking it this week.

Finally - I gotta give props to Ms. Minshew. Kudos for that wake-up scene at the end - no makeup - totally believable with the eyes. She let herself look all raw and natural.

Great show again!

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

ABSOLUTELY loved the doc and Tad today. Tad got served, but I'd love to see these two totally naked together! I was really feeling them today. At first, I thought McKenzie and Aidan would pair up, but I could fall completely in lust with Sinclair and Tad.

And MEK just get more handsome with time. Wow!

Erica's dress was all kinds of heinous! Very unflattering!

ANDREA

• Members

I missed a lot of today but hope to catch it all online later. What I did see was good.

McKenzie Westmore always plays bitchy well.

Good to see things getting back on an even keel again. Yesterday was getting better but from what I saw and have read today was great. Let's hope whatever kinks there were with Pratt it all is getting better and worked out.

• Members

LOVED Claire Williams. What great casting! I could totally see her becoming some kind of force on this show! She was just ON from the minute she appeared on-screen. I liked that she seemed to get into the shower and was enjoying and I thought she was trying to be nice when she asked if Amanda and Randi were a couple too. I guess parents just push childrens' buttons, because it really set Reese off. I thought Reese was totally inappropriate. If they wanted something to set Reese off and still make her come across as sympathetic, I don't think they picked the right route with that, or Laila Robbins didn't play it right because she seemed like she was making an effort.

LOVED the slap at the end, when Zach walked in, BUT I really don't want it to turn into Zach defending Reese to her mother when it's really not his place. I can take it from Bianca, because Bianca's Reese's partner, but not Zach. It's too much agenda-pushing.

The snow-throwing was so random.

The shot of Amanda as Bianca opened the dress gift for Gabrielle was a GREAT touch. Glad they took that beat in the action.

WHAT was up with Mary's blink-and-you-missed-it token appearance?! I don't get it, she showed up, stepped into the foyer, had two words with Greenlee about the wedding, and then the shower was over in the next scene and she was leaving. REALLY?! Was that worth it? Mary didn't even sit down? A passing word from Erica! No interaction with Opal! Is she staying in town, or did she scrap that when Erica said Adam moved on? It was just SO brief! I was stunned she was so minimal. The focus remained on the Reese/Claire confrontation, which I wouldn't expect from a Greenlee-centric soap opera.

Riley Sinclair's scene where she was twisting the knife on Tad and his history with Dixie, Krystal, and David was the FIRST time I really liked Westmore's performance. She felt really at ease in the role for the first time, and her delivery was flawless. But I hate her in every scene with Annie, and not a "love to hate", just a HATE.

Krystal and David's scenes were obnoxious and predictable.

Kendall coming out of the coma scene was interesting, and I liked the weird reflection scene when Erica was looking at the pictures and felt Josh. I thought she'd forgotten him already, glad he's still "with her."

I think that was all worthy of comment today.

• Members

I just watched the episode and it was GREAT. Erica throwing snow on Binky, LMAO!!! I wish Mary had more to say also, but she stated in Digest that she was not going to be sharing scenes with Erica just a lil small scene where she walks by. I like the casting of Reese's mother, she was awesome.

Its great to see Opal as well, but who does Colby knows?? Binky and Reese?? Greenlee?? she just seem so out of place to me.

I love Dr. Sinclair scenes with Thadeus Martin!! I think I am believing the rumor that she is Melanie Cortlandt, she knew all about Tad and Dixie and David's past.

I want more of Mary Smythe next time.

• Members

Okay I'm sure this was just me but I thought Reese's mom looked like Zarf/Zoe (in particular at the funeral for Babe and Dixie during the Satin Slayer story). In fact when Erica first opened the door I thought for a split second "OMG it's Zoe!"

• Members

Mrs. Williams better be careful because Zach will rip her heart right out of her chest if need be.

As for Krystal and David - how many more of these horrible predictable scenes are we going to be treated to? Krystal going off on David for giving her the drugs she can't get down fast enough right before they have addict/pusher sex? I need David gone!

ANDREA

• Members

I've been bitching about the show more of late but today was really good, imo.

David and Krystal were a bit predictable but it was well acted and kept me interested.

:lol::lol: I KNEW someone would post that shot. HeeHee.

I feel the same way, I mean I enjoyed That Bitch of a Doctor up in Tad's face. It appears he would be no match for her. You mix smart and crazy then watch out Tad. Though I think it turned him on a little.

I am so rooting for Annie and MCE just killed again today. I feel it is boring to say it's said so often, but girl is good.

Erica throwing snow on Bianca, *was* random, but funny as hell. ER killed on Bianca's reaction to it. I didn't consider the first time I saw it today but wonder now, was Erica sincere in wanting to help Reese and Claire get back together. I assumed not, Bianca, Greenlee, I am sure Zach and Reese will assume she did if for underhanded reasons. Erica didn't admit anything today. Then went back to her room and had a sad moment about her children.

That moment with Josh was sweet and kind of spooky at the same time. Very interesting considering everything that's happened. They needed to give Erica more time to reflect, I am glad they did today.

Greenlee was all kinds of wonderful today for me anyways. It seemed like old times. Old home day with Bianca, Greenlee together soon to be with Kendall. They were supposed to be the next generation for the show. The PV sisterhood is waking up their girl, Kendall. How wrong everything's going to go when she wakes up.

I was very excited to see Kendall's eyes open. AM played that just perfect I think.

The scenes with Bianca and Reese in bed together were really sweet, naturally Erica interrupts. :lol

TB did a really fine job with her scenes and as someone else mentioned Reese was not being written as entirely sympathetic, imo. She's over-reacting after a button's been pushed. There's decades of repression going on between that mom and daughter in danger of being unleashed. Reese's mom, what great casting and great work.

Today think it just "clicked" today. So what was different?

eta:

wearclouds thanks for the reminder. How could I forget my just about favorite part of the eppy. Seeing Mary again, oh please please bring her back. And how way too short a visit. She and RB are freakin' perfect together.

• Members

Today's episode may have been the best since Pratt started. It was just an all around wonderful episode. Good balance, an old face showing up back in town (MARY!) and great drama between Tad and Riley (Doc Sinclair), David and KWAK, Reese and Claire, Riley and Annie. And, not to mention the scene between Josh and Erica and Kendall waking with Greens and Binx by her side. Excellent show. :)

• Members

Erica throwing snow at binks was the highlight of the show to me, I was like keep it coming erica bury binks in the snow. That binks gets on my damn nerves. I'm very sad to hear that mary/erica won't have any scenes together besides erica's little comment as she passed greens/mary. Why bring mary back and not have her act with erica/opal/adam??? She was golden with them. I'm glad kendall wakes up, erica will finally have someone on her side about reese, I hope they run that bitch outta town. I liked the josh/erica scene at the end, but please don't let this be another "I see dead people," storyline.

That pic of MW above looks freaky.lol

Archived