Jackie Zeman Lands on Her Feet at HSN

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

No joke at all. She is vibrant and alive, in shape and looking good for 80. It's her prerogative to do her hair, nails and makeup as she sees fit. It's her look. It's subjective. Nobody should feel sad for Jeanne Cooper, she certainly doesn't!

Question though, who do you think looks classy and decent for their age?

• Members

I tend to like sophisticated, glassy, aristocratic look. With a certain radiant, healthy skin look. At this precise moment... I can't really tell you. There are plenty of older women who look great.

P. S. Do you perhaps know who takes care of Marcia Cross' (I actually hate it how she looks - that alabaster skin with that shade of red hair colour... it's so ET) and Hayden Panettiere's skin? I know Hayden used to visit a laser center in Encino... :D

• Members

Lynda Carter is going to be 58, fabulous.

Jaclyn Smith is going to be 64, fabulous.

Sophia Loren is going to be 75, fabulous.

Jeanne Cooper is going to be 81, fabulous.

Each of these women look terrific for their age. They look as great as they possibly can and they are age appropriate. They're all the epitome of looking good for their respective ages. My point, which nobody seems to get, is that aging is an individual thing. If you feel great about yourself and how you're looking I think that's just terrific. Nobody should be trying to live up to the standard of anyone else. All they should focus on is being the best them they can possibly be.

Jeanne Cooper's been a smoker, an alcoholic and a sun worshiper. She is the best Jeanne Cooper she can be and I applaud that. She's who she wants to be!

All of the other ladies, plus the likes of Joan Collins, Meryl Streep, Suzanne Somers, Cheryl Ladd, Cybill Shepherd, Christine Baranski, Marie Masters and scores of others, are all taking care of themselves and being the best they can. That's what I mean. You've gotta be you so why not be the best YOU you can be?

• Members

Like Marisa Berenson? Lauren Hutton? Nan Kempner? Daphne Guiness (not that old, I know)? Princess Margaret?

Dr Frank Ryan of Beverly Hills handles Marcia's look, he is the Bentley of plastic surgeons if you ask me, he is a hero of mine (and Creme de la Mer my ass!). No clue on Ms Panettiere.

• Members

I know, I know they're young. I diverted this towards younger people. But why will it bite her?! You think it will turn into irreparable sun skin damage?

But why is it that I get the feeling as if a whole one layer of his skin has been peeled off? As if that protective barrier is no longer there?

• Members

It'll bite her because it already has become sun damage. UVA damage to be exact since UVA rays are responsible for tanning. It is reparable to a degree, but the contrast between her skin and someone who has never tanned will be markedly different, the elastin and collagen in her skin has already been damaged.

He may have had a peel, but he's always had very fair skin that has a rather translucent quality. However, the protective barrier is absolutely there, if it wasn't his skin would actually be flaking off and peeling due to dryness and deep, deep red. He'd look like a burn victim.

• Members

I feel so shallow for discussing looks and stuff - although it's kind of fun - but he already looks that way to me. As if he got burned and then put a whiteish cream on or something. That's what I don't understand - how come the doctors look worse than their clients? It's as if your dentist had rotten teeth. :blink: Puzzling.

Archived