B&B: Week of January 19th, 2009

• Members

I don't think anyone will ever really get over Darlene Conley...she WAS the fun side of B&B and yes Sally was an original that Jackie will never be...but that doesn't mean Jackie can't be fun.

I feel that the Forresters need a gleefully fun rival and I think LAD is doing a wonderful job doing that. I think it's her accent, she's naughty and she knows it ;)

If she wasn't at Y&R I'd be really interested to see what Tracey Bregman could have done...a PO'd Lauren Fenmore blows into LA and starts stealing Forrester designs...Tracey had hilarious chemistry with Darlene, it could have been interesting.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I agree that would've been more interesting. But people who aren't Forresters and Logans tend to have a short future. Nick is the obvious exception, (and Jackie because she is attached to Nick). But we see a fairly full turnover in non-Forrester/Logan characters every so often. I'll be suprised if Owen is around this time next year. Anyway, maybe Brad felt like she had staying power if she already had these connections. Although I guess it's his fault anyway if he can't think of what to do wtih non-core family characters.

• Members

Reasons why HT will probably never return to Y&R:

1. Brad will never let HT go. He loves her.

2. Most viewers have accepted Amelia as Victoria. It's not like she's one of those universally hated recasts like Sarah Aldrich or Scott Seymour.

3. If HT returned to Y&R, Thad Luckinbill would have to work with the actress who his wife was shafted in favor of. Awkward for all concerned.

4. MAB may be a fan of Y&R first, but who says she's a fan of Heather Tom first?

5. If MAB wasn't happy with Amelia's portrayal, what was to stop her from recasting Victoria with another actress months ago?

6. According to spoilers, Amelia seems to have a big storyline coming up.

7. Victoria has been retooled to fit Amelia's range. For the character to suddenly go back to being a totally unlikeable bitch would be jarring.

8. TPTB seem to be trying to recreate HT's Victoria with Abby anyway.

• Members

letting her go across the hal to the show his wife runs? she wont be far...

accepted is one thing. embraced is another.

they can kill JT if he has an issue with it. Because reallt, JT wouldnt stand a chance with HT's Victoria.

whats that got to do with anything?

she may be happy with it. that doesnt eman she wouldnt take HT over her.

lets see how big its actually played.

with good writing it wouldnt be sudden. and even if it was, most fans would embrace her victoria hellstrom becoming Victoria NEWMAN again.

what better way than with the master to teach her how its done? or to go head to head with?

• Members

"B&B" is amazing in its ability to change from unwatchable to must-see overnight. I'm a fan again, thanks to the past several days. I thought Monday's show was a great mix, full of fun, intrigue, and romance (I like Bridget with Owen), and yesterda';s fashion preview had all the same elements. Both days (Mon. and WED.) were beautifully produced and directed, too. Even all the actors had their game on. It's refreshing to have LAD back front and center. She brings humor and class to B&B. And while Sally Spectra will always be missed, LAD brings her own unique brand of camp and humor that fills the gap nicely. I'm loving a return to the fashion and corporate battles, too. The only thing that isn't working for me is Rick and Steffy. Their relationship needed a slow build-up to be believable. It's hard to root for a couple who were saying they love each other a week after they "gazed longingly" into each other's eyes. I do like KL, though. It's nice to have a young romantic leading man on this show again. Keep it up, B&B. Stay the fashion course.

• Members

I thought HT was a good addition as Katie -- at first. Because she was kind and funny and self-deprecating and an all-around decent person. She had great chem with WH, KKL and WdV. In fact I loved the addition of Storm and Katie to the cast last year.

Unfortunately, that was all squandered when they killed off Storm (OMG! Storm & Felicia! Storm & Ashley! I am still so bummed about the wasted possibilities) for the Katie Emmy Reel. Since then, Katie is nothing like the one who showed up on B&B last year. She is whiney and boring and I'm so over the Nick&Katie Greatest Love Story. It's not HT's fault as much as the plot-driven mess she was handed, though. All so Katie and Nick could "bond."

As for Steffy & Rick, well, basically EVERY love story on B&B needs to be slowed the heck dowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwn because they make up and break up in two weeks top (Hello, Rick & Ashley? Rick & Phoebe? Rick & Taylor? Nick & Taylor? Nick & Brooke?Nick & Bridget? Ridge & Ashley? I could go on).

I really need to invest in these pairings because I would love some proper, honest-to-god romance on this show. Brad Bell needs to get over the ADD and talk to Mulcahey and Ninnis about planning those love connections out so they have some real foundation.

Oh, and give Lesli Kay the lead status and material (alongside KKL, SF, etc.) that she deserves. kthanxbye.

• Members

I didn't mind the Storm's Sacrifice story because it was great drama. I also didn't mind Katie questioning her belief in God, her existence, etc. because that's a natural part of life for alot of people. What I *DID* mind was turning Katie into a completely desperate slut. They turned what was a quirky, interesting friendship into some sort of lame, typical soap plot device.

ETA I've said it before and I'll say it again: I never, ever bought William DeVry as Storm "protector of his little and big sisters" Logan. I don't think he's a bad actor, I just think he was miscast.

Ridge and Ashley lasted way longer than two weeks. By B&B standards, the Ridge/Ashley thing was very much a slow-builder.

• Members

That was my biggest beef with it, too. She practically pushed Bridget into Nick's arms and then squirreled her way in there herself. They should have left Nick & Katie as a friendship.

*gasp* Say it ain't so! LOL, I loved WdV as Storm.

True. And I really liked them. But then they had Ash go on a ONE DAY business trip somewhere (with Ridge's engagement ring on her finger, if I remember correctly), and Ridge & Brooke did some kind of dumb-ass photo shoot and BAM! The One Twue Wuvvers were back together and Ridge was all "Sorry for asking you to marry me. You went away for 24 hours and Brooke was there, so... I choose her."

• Members

I liked the confrontation between Eric and Jackie. Even though she hasn't been around all these years, I felt like there was some history. The continued references to Sally are nice as well even though they are a little frequent.

And WHO IS IT? Lol. If Nick's lines were an indication, then it wouldn't be Thorne or Fefe.

• Members

Wouldn't it be cool if Katie had DID (multiple personalities) and was sending the designs as Storm? That'd be fun.

And yes, B&B is good again. Like I've said in all my tirades before, B&B's saving grace is they have not re-casted the show to death. Therefore, when they do an old staple s/l like this, it cooks.

And thank heavens for Jackie!

I can't believe I cannot wait to see tomorrows ep - the cliffhanger was amazing. My guess was Thorne but now I think it might be Rick. Perhaps his way to be with Steffy is to leave Forrester!

• Members

(1) Tammin isn't universally hated and (2) what was the point of even bringing that up? :rolleyes:

Matter of opinion.

Well, they haven't recast Stephanie, Eric, Brooke, Ridge or Taylor, but Thorne, Felicia, Bridget, Rick, Donna, Katie and Steffy are all recasts.

Absolutely! She is such a breath of fresh air and IMO, she definitely has what it takes to be the "new Sally"!

Oh god I hope not. :( This story will be ruined if it was all to prop the Sick pairing.

• Members

You brought up Scott Seymour, stating he was universally hated. Well, I happened to think Seymour wasn't bad at all. Nobody is universally hated.

Yep...it's an opinion I agree with.

Yep, they're recasts...but by in large they've been great recasts.

I'd prefer to think of Jackie Marone and Jackie Marone. LAD is going for broke and doing well. I think trying to make her the "new Sally" will fail and is disrespectful to Darlene Conley, she was an original, all we can hope for is that LAD carves her own path and plays the best Jackie she can.

Archived