B&B: Week of January 19th, 2009

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The show turned around, and fast. The lead up to fashion shows is always good.

Clarke is finally back. I liked the references to Sally. They still have her old poster outside Jackie's office.

I liked the Felicia/Nick thing. We've all wanted Felicia to jump ship and it looks like she might. I'm a little suprised she was that flirty, yet also suprised they remembered their history. And I'm not sure her desire will last once she finds out what's up, although I guess she might like that since she doesn't care anymore. And Nick and Thorne? I like these interactions that we don't always see.

• Administrator

I agree. I feel that B&B is on an upswing now that the focus is on fashion again. I liked today's interactions between Nick/Felicia, Nick/Thorne, Jackie/Stephanie and Owen/Bridget.

I think the traitor is Stephanie because it HAS to be her for this storyline to big. Or that Stephanie is working with Thorne and Felicia and all 3 are betraying Eric and the Logans.

But the show has to dump Rick/Steffy for it to go from being good to great.

• Members

I was curious to see what people thought, since a lot of comments I've read recently were about how people wanted it to go back to the fashion fun stuff.

I thought yesterday was fun. I'm really curious to see who gave the designs--I give B&B credit they set it up well.

• Members

Bridget simply doesnt learn. Can somene smack her upside the head and tell her to NOT GET INVOLVED WITH ANY MAN THATS IN LOVE WITH SOMEONE IN YOUR FAMILY. She's going to have herself to blame when she gets screwed over for the 40th time

Did they retire Spectra? They keep referring back to Jackie M.

I hope its Thorne or better yet Felicia. I dont think Stephanie needs this, but those two definetly need the story boost. They need to be scheming and making moves and not whining and following what someone elses' direction (in this case Stephanie)

• Members

While I'm really enjoying the fact that everything is focusing around fashion again, would it kill them to, you know, get some clothes from this millennium for the collection? Seriously, if B&B are so determined to keep their current costumers despite their leanings towards the times of Dynasty, can they at least get them a subscription to Vogue...hell, even a few issues of the glossy tabloids with the stars on the red carpet would suffice! I get that Forrester is an L.A. fashion house and therefore isnt exactly as avante-garde or cutting edge as it would be if it was based in New York, but jeez...that dress that we saw that Jackie had stolen from the Forresters looked like something Alexis Carrington would have deemed 'dated'.

Also I totally didnt get where that Bridget/Owen kiss came from...there was no build up or anything he just smacked the lips on her. Can someone explain to me why Bridget is walking around Forrester Creations with what looked like some sort of files or reports? Isn't she a doctor? (I only watch B&B when I hear it's not a major suckfest). I enjoyed Stephanie and Jackie's lunch, I like that they're written as old friends who cant really trust each other. I wish they'd do more random interactions like Nick/Thorne, Nick/Felicia as well...if they keep this up and dont ruin it with all of the insta-couples and musical beds (and play down the icky incestuous vibe by INTRODUCING NEW CHARACTERS WHO ARENT FORRESTERS OR LOGANS) then B&B could match Y&R in terms of quality soap.

• Members

A few of their fashion shows have more fashion-forward.....esque...and most of the stuff is just bad. They can do classy stuff fairly well though.

I wondered that myself.

Lol by the way, Dan Martin (Baker) was added to the website's current cast list. Trying to get him that award?

• Members

I am so pleased to see Lesley-Anne Down again, especially as it follows a period of illness for her.

I also think she has toned down Jackie to just the right campy-but-believeable level. Her cut-glass accent and glee at seeing Eric's designs gave the show a real old-style B&B touch.

Plus I liked Bridget & Owen. I think the kiss was pretty hot. God knows Bridget needs some loving. I think Owen is going to fall for her. If only because it would be TOTALLY unbelieveable if he goes back to mooning over that rubberface, Donna. I mean, Bridget is gorgeous!

The whole Forresters getting pissed off at Eric and the Logans SL is SO long in coming, I am really looking forward to it. Fashion and corporate intrigue is where B&B excels. I am also ready for Lesli Kay to step up from Supporting to Leading because IMO she is up there was Flannery and Lang, and I want to see her, not Gareis or Tom.

Finally, I am already a fan of Kyle Lowder (I never thought I would be but there you go) and think he has down wonders with this flawed Rick. He has really impressed me being able to balance anger, revenge and manipulation as well as heart-felt regret for Phoebe's death. I even think he and Jacqueline MacInnes have loads of chemistry (*hides*). However, I would prefer it if this SL was about Steffy tricking Rick in revenge for Phoebe's death. Steffy is (well, was) a strong-willed character and I suspect that Lowder and MacInnes's "hate chemistry" would be off-the-charts.

• Members

ITA. She brings some class to some of the trash. She's a big reason to watch recently.

When watching Katie and Nick today, I kept wondering why Brooke's Nick senses weren't tingling and she wasn't swooping in.

It's crazy that everybody keeps openly bashing Clarke. If he's really so "bad," Jackie and Nick should've let him go. I guess they (those two, and Brad) just kept him around because of his Spectra history.

Anyway, another fun show (except for the obvious). The fallout from this should be great.

• Members

The traitor can't be Stephanie! She helped build this company and it's her legacy. For her to sabotage it even with the whole Forrester/Logan feud would destroy the character. It has to be Thorne or Felicia, though I'm pretty certain it's Thorne. I so want Jackie and Thorne to becomea couple. It'd be fantastic.

Add I def want Felicia and Nick to get together. My soapie-sense tells me that Katie will be leaving the show in the next few months. Can't explain it, but i just do. Life would be so good if she re-claimed her one and only good soap part, Victoria Newman on Y&R. And seeing as Maria Arena Bell is a fan first, and a writer second, I think she'd move heaven to make that happen.

• Members

Heather Tom also got on the wrong end of a bad character. The show didn't need Katie Logan, what it needed was someone unrelated to the canvas who could shake things up. She SHOULD have been written as an icy bitch and she SHOULD have worked with Jackie and Nick to take down the Forresters.

I really like LAD getting more emphasis, she really has toned down Jackie from a blubbering mess to a British minx. Her glee (perfect word choice Cat) at getting into the mix with Eric's designs is a delight to watch. Jackie Marone's finally gotten some balls, which is what was holding her back. I'm all for her filling the void Darlene Conley left gaping in B&B's canvas. It would almost seem that LAD's recent struggles with breast cancer have pushed her to play things lighter, she's campier than ever, I'm delighted. Now, if only Brad would real in Joan Collins for a gig as Jackie's mother, I'd be a happy camper.

Archived