The X-Files: Discussion Thread

bandbfan

• Members

I caught a few of the last episodes when the series was going off. Late last year I started renting them from the beginning. I've gotten up to Season 5 (idiotic blockbuster online has apparently been "out" of the first disc of that season for a month or two). The movies weren't any good compared to the show. It's not the best acted series and some of the episodes were a little slow, but overall I really like it.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Years ago, I loved the X-Files! That's usually not the type of show I watched but I really loved the chemistry between Duchovny and Anderson. Saw both movies, just watched the new one (I Want To Believe), was kinda disappointed with that.

• Members

For such a quirky show, I thought Gillian Anderson did really well and though she and DD had good chemistry as well.

New movie, well, not that impressed. I didn't hate it, but I felt like it could've been an episode of the show instead of something drawn out like it was. It wasn't even that sci-fi. I figured it'd be more extraterrestrial based. IMO, that's what the whole "I Want to Believe" phrase was talking about.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 years later...
  • Members

Just started season 8. That was an excellent beginning of what is, essentially, a new era for the show. The episode features fantastic camera work and Agent Doggett's first scene, in which Scully throws her water in his face, is certainly one of the best scenes of the whole series. Also, Mulder's are-they-dreams-or-reality? alien experimentation scenes are the sh!t. To put it simply.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Members

Just to prove to Chit that I'm not a meanie and because it's the closest thing to concrete news on the David Lynch/Showtime Twin Peaks contract squabble in the last six weeks, and because I've been bingeing this show I never even liked that much on Netflix for weeks out of boredom and ennui, here is some X-Files stuff from the last few days:

As most of the world now knows, Duchovny and Anderson were at the FOX upfronts. (Pictures enclosed.) The show is scheduled to premiere with a "two-night event" on Sunday, January 24th, 2016. It begins filming in early June.

Former writers Darin Morgan and James Wong are confirmed to be working on episodes, with Glen Morgan in a more vague staff position. Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul creator Vince Gilligan, a long-time XF writer, is obviously not available. Mitch Pileggi (Skinner) is returning, as is William B. Davis (The Cigarette-Smoking Man); Robert Patrick (John Doggett) is not, and if God is with me, neither is Annabeth Gish (Monica Reyes).

Here is the always-fun Gillian Anderson clowning around and talking about the show's return with Kristin dos Santos. And here is her making out with David Duchovny at his musical performance this evening, fueling the fire on the recent recurring rumors that the two are involved IRL.

Bootleg video from the upfronts:

• Members

Gillian is so fascinating. She always plays these very serious, tense characters so convincingly, it was/is so easy to sort of see her that way in real life too. And then you see her outside of work and she's so fun and relaxed and just so damn confident. She's great.

+1

• Members

Also, to have that script in your inbox and not having read it yet!!!!!! :o I don't think I would be able to do anything but read it straight away! :lol::P But I understand what she means about having the time to properly sit down and read it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived