AMC: Monday, 1/12/09

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't think Brianne's gotten worse, she's just very inconsistent. She's had days where I believed her and days like today that I didn't at all. I think she lets her personal life distract her instead of bringing it into the role as things to draw on. I do agree, she is the weakest link right now. Even behind Randi, who has improved, and Brot, who is a non-actor.

REALLY enjoyed all the revelations. Wish every day was like this. :)

And FRIGGIN A, change the f'in opening! I can't stand to see Babe and Dre one more day! And for some reason, I think it's actually offensive to leave Myrtle in there for so long after her passing.

• Members

I just had to say it. I never got everyone's utmost fascination and obsession about the opening credits, and it stuns me when it's updated and everyone gets so ballistic and excited. It's an opening full of pictures. Personally, I FF it everyday and I don't have to worry about it.

• Members

Well, I want to go into graphic art of some kind, so that's why it interests me. And I like seeing what the characters look like in them, what poses they use. The placement of characters also usually informs us of where the storylines are headed long-term. It's also of note because it annoys people that the show can't keep it more up to date.

• Members

I thought that too. Pratt likes to move things along at a pretty fair clip and as I've said before IMO he often sacrifices depth in order to do that. But this one felt like they we trying to squeeze everything in before the Con Edison cut the power.

I would have ended the episode with Binks reading Reese's note and moved the reunion to another day to give it a little build up.

• Members

It did seem too fast for the build up. Nothing was resolved but forgiveness asked and received. We'll have to see if it holds for Bianca. BTW, Zach it's hard to convince a pissed off jealous woman that you're not *too* close to her gf when you won't take your hands off said woman during your explanations.

Reese, welcome to loving a Kane Woman and you'll be proving yourself from here on out probably. :D

That stuff with Tad, Krystal and David was 30 kinds of awesome. Nice return MEK. Loved David's reaction to being out maneuvered by Tad (though I never thought I'd see it). Well played.

The JR and Amanda stuff is starting to blur for me.

I want to like Colby and Petey and I did, but I am ready for Petey to move on. I like Colby's character, in how she is so concerned about her brother and nephew, how she's connecting with Adam. The actress is losing me and I've been open to her in the role.

I felt like the timing of scenes was clunky and awkward. Bianca (high on pain meds supposedly) got back to Casa Slater moments after Zach did somehow. Also who shouldn't be driving...JR sent out by Tad. I get soap suspension of disbelief and all but give me throw away line about a cab.

• Members

No way! ITA with you. The opening credits are integral to the show. ABC soaps tend to have the music of a cheap-ass 90s Daytime talk show (think Leeza) but for some reason I can forgive AMC's music. I also love the glimpse of Ruth Warwick and young Erica shots at the beginning. And this is from somebody who adored AMC's original hand-turning-the-pages-of-the book opening.

At least AMC doesn't have GH's aneurism-inducing travesty, with its Men Only mantra and Tony Geary at the end getting up to take a piss.

------------------------

Yesterday's episode was glory. Krustal finally got some payback! I loved how David told her "Just tell everybody I gave you pills and they won't blame you for sleeping with me" on Friday. KWAK was all "What? Lil ole honest me? Ah could nevah do that!" And then yesterday when Tad's demanding an explanation, she's all "Weeeeeeeeeeeeeell. David gave me these pills..."

Archived