Y&R: Week of December 8, 2008

• Members

I know it ain't important, but what did a pregnant woman do on a ladder painting the house? Doesn't Cane have a lot of money for that? And wouldn't Chloe keep the hard work for someone else? But whatever---the story is okay. However, now we have to go through yet another we-can't-do-this-because-of-the-baby scene between Lane.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

They really should have been arguing on some stairs or something if they wanted a fall that wasn't so staged. I do think it's a shout out to history with Jill "accidentally" falling off a ladder.

Chloe should have hired some cute painter that she could flirt with in an attempt to make Cane jealous.

My favorite part of this storyline is that when Chloe was introduced, it was to be a thorn in Cane and Lily's side and nothing more. I think that EH has so completely won over the audience and writers that the storyline has now shifted to a love story between Chloe and Billy with Lily and Cane being reduced to wallpaper in their own love story.

For once in a soap I like this who's the daddy. Maybe because it isn't a real who's the daddy since the mother, and the audience, actually knows who the father is without a dna test. While Billy might now find out the truth, I don't see him stepping right up and declaring himself the father. He's going to weigh on both sides pretty heavily and most likely wait until well after the baby is born, so he can do the most damage to Cane. Especially if Cane starts falling in love with Chloe himself. Too bad there aren't any plans to re-cast DG because a good actor in the role would make these coming scenes dynamite.

• Members

There was a lot to suggest that Jill had intentionally climbed on that ladder in 1984, although I remember it being to change a lightbulb. That was shortly after Jill and her step-son at the time Jack slept together in a cabin during a blizzard. When Jill became pregnant, she feared Jack might be the father, but she of course claimed John was the father to keep John from finding out about her night with Jack. Jill thought she'd be OK as long as she and Jack kept the lid on their night together, which was not a foregone conclusion since Lindsay Wells had photos and was using them to blackmail Jack into giving her a cushy job at Jabot and a marriage proposal. But then Jill found out that the baby would be born with some kind of mental birth defect. Jill was torn about whether or not to bring this imperfect child into the world when she climbed on that ladder and then called out for Mamie. As soon as Mamie arrived, she found Jill on the floor and rushed her to the hospital. Jill lost the baby. It was never said outright whether Jill climbed on the ladder intentionally, but it seemed mighty coincidental that she did it while thinking about the baby and then called out for Mamie.

• Members

It could have been a lightbulb...I just know that it was for sure in the Abbott dining room by the window. I myself think that Jill jumped, she couldn't deal with her life falling apart and the baby she was carrying was the linchpin for all of it. No baby, no problems...at least that's what Jill thought.

That being said, Jill never had the 'guilt' that Ashley did after aborting Victor's child. Bill Bell always had his actresses go through maternal guilt at one point or another, that never, ever, happened with Jill.

• Members

I'm not getting why Phyllis would expose Jack and ensure the end of his marriage to Sharon,when that is her greatest fear...

Jack-use cash for your underhanded dealings!How is he going to get out of this one?

I am literally not understanding half the things Victor says.Fortunately it is the usual predictable stuff,so I can keep track.

Things are too rushed at times-Victor/Frank happened in the space of one evening.

The whole Lily/Chloe set-up was so contrived.They should have had her tripping on some boxes,or a loose rug etc

I agree that the whole story has been underdeveloped-when the apartment was shown,it was the first time in months.I would like to see how Cane/Chloe had been co-existing the last few months.More Esther interaction!

• Members

Because she knows if they tried to save the marriage, Jack would find a way to hurt Sharon over and over again and she would always find herself running into Nick's arms. That's why Phyllis wants the marriage to be over and for Sharon to find comfort in Brad. At least that's how I see it.

• Members

Paul Raven, I always wondered why Jack would put the motel on his credit card. Maybe Jackie isn't getting his needs fulfilled by Sharon and was getting double use out of the room with the diary and a hooker later. I think it is just so that Adam and Frank can have a shred of proof that Jack is behind the diary. Will Jack be sent to jail, or will the DA be so embarrassed by his Assistants DA's connection to the guilty culprits that he decides to bury the whole thing to save face?

As for showing Chloe and Cane at home, interacting, they can't. This is supposed to be Lily and Cane's love story and the audience must be losing interest. The writers haven't given up on them, so if Cane and Chloe show more chemistry, then Lame is DOA and their quad becomes a triangle or just plain pair. I think that Chloe and Billy are used in a limited capacity, at the moment, because they have become the stars of the storyline. Everyday that Chloe is on I like her more, she really loves Little Booger, and she has become one of the most multi-dimensional younger characters they've had in years.

Thank you Hogan and Maria for today's Canadian, tomorrow's US. I am tired of things that need to be confronted not being confronted!!

Archived