Y&R: Week of December 8, 2008

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Hmmm....the day-ahead Cdn episode (i.e., Friday Canada, Monday US) is available on that "Global" site now. No IP blocking. Which means US viewers can see the show early, legally.

I wonder how long this hole will be unplugged?

• Members

Probably not for long.

Monday's show was actually quite good. Every few months we get to see that little spark in Lily, that inner Dru hiding in there. They should have more of that.

And every time Cane comments on Billy's betrayal I just roll my eyes. It's like---Cane, shut up, nobody cares. Or at least I don't.

This lie Jack made up about being an addict is just too much big of a lie for Ashley not to see through it.

BTW, I believe I read it on some site that Arena plans to correct a few mistakes Latham did, but also address various mistakes dating back to the Alden era. Did anyone hear about this?

• Members

I think Nelson Branco wrote something about that, either on TV Guide's website or on The Envelope...

Regardless, Branco simply doesn't like Kay Alden, for whatever reason, so he bashes her whenever he can. I don't know what 'mistakes' he's talking about. If anything, MAB has embraced much of what KA did during her solo run. It's Jack Smith who made a number of errors (I'll say it once more: with everything that happened to his son, he gets a pass in my book).

• Members

Hmm so Elizabeth Hendrickson and Billy Miller totally kicked there screen partners ass today, and they weren't even chewing scenery. It just so happens that the ones opposite them aren't very strong. However, I thought Khalil did a good job. I'm tired of Cane acting like he knew Jill his entire life. That guy can go back to the Outback for all I care, even his sex appeal is weighing tin on me for all the stupidity he exudes. BTW EH totally rocked that last scene, and a great directing job there. I think the site will soon be blocked for US viewers, I can see them trying to do it before the video comes on, but it needs some tweaking.

• Members

I know they probably want us to feel that Billy betrayed his mother and brother, but I felt that Cane was the interloper and had no right to be running the company. It wasn't really a betrayal since Billy is an Abbott. I can hadle self righteousness from characters like Michael and even Jack because they have brains and experience but Cane being indignant does nothing for me.

I actually kind of liked Cane when he was with Amber, but the sappy looks between him and Lily just make me roll my eyes at this point. They were friends for about a month and dated for a few more months. I don't get why it is so hard to move on. It's not like they had a long standing relationship. I mean Lily just divorced Daniel the summer of 2007 so they were friends and dated for maybe 6 months.

Christel was ok, but she went from calm to furious way too fast. There was no build up. It was like the director told her to be mad and so she was mad delivering those lines. I don't know, it just didn't feel natural for me.

Archived