Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

This was the state supreme court race in North Carolina that came down to a few hundred votes, where the GOP spend endless money and launched various attacks against the black female chief justice (Beasley). It's so dispiriting - this is the type of stuff they continue to use to rot this country away state by state. 

Edited by DRW50

• Members

Melania's statement:

https://www.whitehouse.gov/articles/first-lady-melania-trump-path-forward/

This paragraph seems to be endorsing both sides, which could be interpreted as sending a message that the mob was right. She condemns violence but still says this:
"As an American, I am proud of our freedom to express our viewpoints without persecution. It is one of the paramount ideals which America is fundamentally built on. Many have made the ultimate sacrifice to protect that right. With that in mind, I would like to call on the citizens of this country to take a moment, pause, and look at things from all perspectives."

And she made this about her.

"I find it shameful that surrounding these tragic events there has been salacious gossip, unwarranted personal attacks, and false misleading accusations on me – from people who are looking to be relevant and have an agenda. This time is solely about healing our country and its citizens. It should not be used for personal gain."

And there's this: