Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I don't think Hillary would have been a great president.   She comes across as a highly informed custodian with a lack of vision.   FDR didn't become the best president of the 20th century just because he was good at management.     She would have been a highly competent caretaker-in-chief, barring some unforeseen war forcing her to find her inner leader.

On another note, all politicians are such whores:  Now Mitt Romney is scheduled to meet with Trump.

• Members

I don't care -- and I don't care either that they've served already as VP's and that a cabinet appointment would be looked upon as a step down (and probably unconstitutional).  The future of this country is at stake, damnit!

Edited by Khan

• Members

If Cheney or Quayle care to pitch in, I say, let 'em.  John McCain?  Fine.  Bob Dole?  Wheel his ass on in there.  Let HIM be Secretary of State.

I mean, c'mon, we're this close  -- THIS CLOSE -- to having Rick Perry as the next secretary of the department even he couldn't name!  So this is no time to be holding grudges against the Republican establishment!

Edited by Khan

• Members

It's amusing how he is draining the swamp and replacing them with the same lobbyists, Wall Street cronies, and people we have seen for years. The CEO of JP Morgan Chase, you know one of the banks that the Fed Govmt gave 12 billion dollars to in 2008, turned down the Sec of treasury position. Next up CEO of Goldman Sachs.

Seriously are we really comparing FDR to his guy. FDR worked in public service almost his entire life before becoming president, was assistant sec of the navy, governor of New York prior to that. He also cared about Americans and this country and pretty much followed through on the agenda he committed to when he ran. He also had polio something that gave him  a depth of understanding of people who suffer and have to claw back. Without it who knows where he would have ended up.

Edited by JaneAusten