• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

At this point he can let it rip.

I did dread calling her, but my mother is okay - like she taught me, she is saddened but still ready to work and fight and go on. She was out all day and night canvassing rough parts of Philly and all over PA, a seventysomething white lady. She was a campus radical. She was going to work for Bobby Kennedy before he was killed. She's worked in government most of her life. She's not giving up.

Also, we have this. Please watch it, from last night's live election special with Stephen Colbert, which rapidly turned funereal:

Edited by Vee

• Members

I saw some of the speech on livestream and wow, I marvel at how Hillary delivered such a magnanimous and graceful speech when so many were in tears around her.

Time Kaine's eyes were filled. I didn't focus on Bill Clinton but some said he could barely keep it together.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

I feel numb. I just can't believe that this has really happened.....

When I woke up this morning the first thing I did was turn on the tv and when I realized what was about to happen (it wasn't completely done at that time) I literally lost my appetite. I had to force myself to eat something, but it felt like I was chewing on wood.

When I got to work everyone was talking about it, and we all shared the same feelings of disbelief and worry for the future.

It feels like the Brexit-result all over again, only ten times worse.

• Members

Other than pet projects (as Vee or someone said, enemies lists, and likely working on his brand), I imagine he will have other people do everything. The Breitbart people, Fooliani, that vile Pence whose only real goal is making America into a theocracy. I wonder if Christie has been frozen out in more recent weeks. 

I also have a feeling the lunatics in the House will take this opportunity to jettison Paul Ryan to get one of their own around for this historic opportunity. 

Mitch McConnell's will look even more like a roadkill turtle by summer. 

Anyway, not that there is any real good news, but at least it looks like the cretinous, sickening Pat McCrory was booted by NC voters after he drove tens of millions of dollars out of the state for the sake of a hate law. And this was with Trump winning at the top of the ticket. It shows that even the easiest and most gullible have their limits. 

http://www.slate.com/blogs/outward/2016/11/09/north_carolina_gov_pat_mccrory_lost_thanks_to_hb2.html

That's what happens when so many frou-frou liberals spend a year telling everyone that there is no difference between Hillary and Trump and why bother.