Cupid: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

I remember liking the original though I don't remember what happened. LOL (I'm gonna rewatch the original series though)

I just know that I became a fan of Jeremy Piven and Paula Marshall.

I love Sarah Paulson :wub: so I can't wait to see her again in this new series.

The premiere is Tuesday, March 24 at 10:00 p.m.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Well, here's a reason to watch... I think this is supposed to be the second episode (March 31), but I stumbled upon a site that said Aubrey Dollar (ex-Marina) was going to be a guest star.

Can someone please find a regular vehicle for Aubrey? She's far too good an actress to stay on the sidelines. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Members

Please tell me some people watched it! I LOVED the premiere. I had no idea Camille Guaty (Piper, Las Vegas) was in this show. I'm crossing my fingers that the ratings we're good, I wanna see this show last.

• Administrator

I loved it too! I really liked the cast: the main (Bobby Cannavale, Sarah Paulson), supporting (Rick Gomez, Camille Guaty), and even the guest stars (Sean Maguire, Marguerite Moreau). I thought spelling "Holly I'm here" out of the "Happy New Year" light bulbs was genius! My first favorite scene from this episode was Dave and Madelyn in the Ferris Wheel (and we seem them from the cell phone camera's POV, them holding hands and looking at each other, looking away). Next favorite scene was when Dave sees Holly and goes to hug her, but I liked it because of Madelyn's reaction (my reaction was "Noooo!!" LOL) and how hurt she was ("But I didn't want to be the girl who the story this time, Trevor. I wanted to be the girl who got the song and I was this close. I tried being bold, Trevor. I should've stuck with being smart."). And lastly, the last sequence with Trevor/Claire on the phone and Madelyn deciding to Ireland to be with Dave.

Unfortunately the ratings weren't good. The show only got 7.22 million viewers. :(

• Members

I forgot to mention Rick Gomez too. Loved him on What About Brian. So many actors that were on What About Brian have ended up on other ABC shows. Barry Watson, Amanda Detmer, now Rick.

The second episode was even better! I loved the matchup of the P.I. & Clarie's friend. This show is so charming.. Why only 7.2 mil?! You'd think with having DWTS as lead-in it would be more.

I never watched the first Cupid either, I started to watch a few clips on Youtube.

BTW Toups, I have a question about another ABC show. How were ratings for Surviving Suburbia? I thought it was a hilarious comedy, something that hasn't been seen on ABC since the days of TGIF/Tuesday comedys with Jim/Lopez.

• Administrator

I loved the second episode too and loved how the P.I. and Riley (Claire's friend) got together. I have to admit that I fell for it when we saw Riley hugging the older man (who turned out to be her father).

Yeah I know....it's too bad. The ratings went down again for eps 2 and 3. It looks like we're only going to get the 7 scheduled episodes. :(

The first Cupid was awesome too. There were some really good romance stories (one of my favorite is "The Linguist" - it's the 2nd episode and what made it special was "I'll Stand By You" by The Pretenders playing in a scene.....I really rooted for the couple in this episode LOL).

April 6: 11.25 millon

April 13: 9.71 million

April 20: 9.87 million

I'm sucker for romance too. I guess it's why I love both Cupid versions. I don't think ABC will renew it. :(

I liked the story in episode 3 with the son fixing up his sperm-donor dad and his mom; the whole republican/democrat angle; the son turning out to be gay and the dad knew about it and didn't care. The best line came from Trevor: "Don't you get it. That thing....the thing that they care

more passionately about than politics......it ain't wine, pal.....it's you." (And you take that context from an earlier scene that happened at the group meeting when the guy saying, "My parents were on opposite ends of the political spectrum. For 40 years they canceled out each others vote but they had a great marriage." "How did they do that?" "They found something they cared more passionately about than politics.....The Yankees.")

The only downside was that I didn't feel the chemistry/connection with the mom and dad.

I loved Claire's mom. The actress playing her was so funny. I haven't seen Colton James since he was on Port-Charles.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived