Y&R: How could Nina return permanently?

• Members

The worst part of that was the way they left things off when Liz disappeared from the canvas. I hated when Jill found out Katherine was her mother and suddenly flipped to calling Katherine "Mother" all the time and called Liz by her first name. I was waiting for Liz to tell her "DAUGHTER" - using that exact term and tone of voice the way she always did in the show's first decade - to cut the crap, because no matter whose genes she has in her, Liz was the one who raised her. Obviously, Liz won't bring that up while everyone is mourning Kay, but I would love for her to stick around and address that.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

They were with her.

Yep.

Not ideal but it is what it is.

She has her Mother.

Which she had before, during & after her time in Genoa City.

That "bit of traveling" was EASILY as much about Michael as it was about Paul.

Didn't have to.

Nina's a character (like Olivia & Traci) that can EASILY return without a ton of extraneous crap.

• Members

Let me just say, NO ONE cries as realistically as Tricia Cast. She's definitely one of the best criers to ever grace daytime. On yesterday's US Y&R episode, when she popped in with tears in her eyes, it was as if she hadn't been away from Katherine and Jill for very long. The emotion on her face was so real, she just "fits" with the show.

• Members

I havent seen Friday's Y&R. But looks like a good one. I will watch it on SoapNet in about an hour during its marathon. Cant wait to see Tricia Cast. Yes, Nina should be in Genoa City full time. Let's get the negotations started. A great story for her would be to find her stolen son.

• Members

Nina's mother Flo (played by Sharon Farrell) was contract for a while,then went recurring before disappearing altogether.Nina mentioned her from time to time,in tnhat Phillip was staying at his grandmothers ,so it was assumed she was in town.

As witnessed of late,these long term characters have the history to be exploited.Nina could definitely work on Katherine's book.There would be antagonism with Jill and Phillip IV could be a major player.

Heather could receive information regarding Rose deVille's blackmarket baby ring.Maybe Vince,Rose' s associate is dying and has become a born again Christian who wants to atone for his sins.He leaves information on the missing children.

Nina hooks up with Paul to track down her missing son.She could be ambivalent as to whether she wants to reunite with him.This could lead to a Paul/Nina romance.The son could be a new character.Maybe gay?He could have a greedy boyfriend who encourages him to bond with Nina cos she's rich etc.

Phillip could be jealous of his brother.The adoptive parents come into play.Maybe the mom or dad becomes unbalanced and tries to kill Nina.

Possibilities are endless.Bring back NIna!!!

• Members

I think Flo was last seem in late 1998, as you said taking care of Phillip when Nina was dating. Then, she was hardly ever mentioned, mostly because Nina herself was a supporting character for Chris for quite a while...

I would love to have Nina & Dina stay in town. Both have marvellously explosive ties to Jill.

• Members

But even Little Phillip should be almost the same age as Nicholas making the first one almost 40, lol. They could always connect her to the Baldwin/Fisher clan since Nina ran away from Detroit. Maybe Terrible Tom or River was her father too, Flo was a prostitute after all.

• Members

If Nina finds her long lost son, I don't want it to be her reintroduction story. I think she should be back on the canvas a little while before they tell that story. Gotta love Bill Bell, he set up potential storylines years in advance and left so much history to be exploited.

Anyway, I want to see Nina back on the show and interacting with the man who is the son Rose gave away all those years ago. Maybe he's back for revenge against her or something (they'd have to explain how he knew Nina is his mother).

So many possibilities.

I wonder if TPTB know how popular Tricia Cast and Nina are, and what a big hit her return has been so far with people who grew up on Y&R in the late 80's and throughout the 90's...

I often wonder if most soaps don't do limited returns because the audience might get too attached again and demand those characters come back...

Anyway, Nina was and still is a big part of Y&R history, hopefully they see that.

Archived