Y&R: How could Nina return permanently?

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

They can bring little Phillip back and make him apart of the early 20's cast...

Maybe Nina can come back with the intention of writing a novel about Jill or Kay or something. She also had research experience, when she worked for Cole.

There's still a lot of unresolved animosity between Nina and Jill, and there's a line Nina says in Monday's US episode which makes that apparent.

They can also explore a relationship between her and Cane, which should really piss Jill off. And if they're willing to un-do the Cane is a Chancellor thing, Nina could enlist Paul or someone and set out to prove that Cane isn't really Jill's son.

Maybe they can explore a relationship between Nina and Jack, when Sharon and Jack finally end.

There's so much they can do with her, even if a lot of Nina's friends are now gone.

• Members

Nina's most interesting sparring partner is still with the show: JILL

Jill and Nina was epic, almost as epic as Jill and Katherine...so long as Jess Walton is still with Y&R Tricia Cast could return at the drop of a hat. Even though Nina's generation is gone I think she'd fit in well with Neil, Brad, Sharon, Nick, Phyllis, Michael and Lauren.

• Members

They can still keep Cane.

I think a more interesting story would be Cane being a fraud, and Jill disowns him for a while. However, he only did it becuase he never had a stable family life and his childhood was a mess. Anyway, he tries to reach out to Jill and Kay, and eventually, through some more drama, they accept him. In the end, Jill misses him too and had already developed a bond with him, and he becomes a son to her, even if he really isn't biologically.

Personally, I want little Phillip to be Jill's grandson biologically again.

I also think a fling between Nina and Cane could be pretty hot after she exposes him or something. LOL!

• Members

I said to someone before yesteday's ep "How are they going to explain Mac's absence? Since they fired all her portrayers, they're not going to bring her back. I know...she's building houses in the Congo or something!" Sure enough, Mac was in Darfur!

So, the thing that makes no sense--esp with her best friend and ex-lovers in town--is Cricket's absence. Cricket was very close to Kay during the whole Phillip III saga.

I'm not sure there is an easy way to bring Nina back now...but being mother to TWO kids could do it. It makes sense, given other SORASing, that Phillip IV is old enough to be in Iraq. I'd love to see Y&R deal with a young veteran...since other soaps have recently been mishandling this story. But, as the final clip reminds us, Nina has ANOTHER child...older than Phillip IV...who is still "out there".

Since Nina is in LA (she confirmed that yesterday), Cricket was recently in LA (to defend Ridge Forrester against murder charges), and Paul's son Ricky is in LA...I just WISH some ties could be drawn here...mention that Cricket is with Nina, doing well, and watching over Ricky from a distance.

On that note, if B&B weren't such a clusterf*ck, I'd love to see fierce Nina go over there and shake THAT show up.

• Members

Since Nina is a scriptwriter, maybe she could be commission to write a biopic of the Forresters? Or better yet, of Sally Spectra. The latter would necessitate the return of CJ. Even a short stint on B&B could rejuvenate Nina, rejuvenate B&B, shake up the show's direction. To play the old Nina-Victoria antipathy, they could script some kind of Nina-Katie nonsense. Maybe it could be a 13 week stint.

Then, having brought Nina back to life, as with Ashley, she could return to Y&R as a stronges character :-).

This deals with two prolbems. First, the Y&R canvas is FULL right now. Second, I hate hate hate just about everything about my B&B these days :(. (I sure wish that show could heal).

ETA: Since Phillip IV is old enough to be in Iraq, Owen could turn out to be Nina's stolen child! And, if they really wanted to twist reality...since we never saw Nina's baby daddy...maybe they could still do what I have always hoped...make it that somehow Nina ORIGINATED in California (you may recall she was a runaway to Genoa City when we met her), and that she was a one-night stand for horndog Ridge Forrester. That makes Owen the son of Nina and Ridge. Owen...all angular and beautiful...MUST be Ridge's son!

Archived