Y&R: How could Nina return permanently?

• Members

THAT'S who shoulda been doing Katherine's memoirs all along.

Along the way she shoulda learned Cane WASN'T a real Chancellor leading to a trial.

Then had Chloe pregnancy & the fight for Chancellor & Jabot between Real Phillip & Billy.

And there's PLENTY for Nina to do if Lauralee doesn't want to return.

There's still Jill, Flo, her firstborn, Paul, Danny, Esther, Billy, Neil, Sharon, Phillip, Michael, Ricky, Lauren, Scotty, Daniel, Billy & Chloe.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

How would they explain the DNA match between Chloe's baby and Cane. Is Cane maybe Brock's son, did Jill have twins and Kay only stole one, or did Katherine have another child out there, Cane's real mother, to match the female DNA to?

I'd like to see them bring back Phillip III, even if he isn't a Chancellor, because Jill still considers him her grand child. It would be funny if he came to town and jumped into bed with Amber, because at this point, which Chancellor other than Brock hasn't?

As for Nina, never liked her and don't care to see her back permanently.

• Members

Another way they can explain it, which would work with the idea of Cane as a con-artist, is that Cane fixed the paternity test himself somehow, because he wanted the baby to be his. It would be a stretch, sure, but maybe Cane decided fathering the next generation of Chancellor might have been helpful to his plan. Remember, it was Lily, not Cane, who came up with the idea for the paternity test. Not being able to tell Lily no, Cane went ahead with the test and somehow rigged it, possibly even by getting a hold of a sample from his "half-brother" Billy (although that would make it even make it more of a stretch).

Pretty much any explanation would require all kinds of retconning, but that's the way soaps work. But if it fits and the end result makes for good stories, I'm willing to at least give it a try.

• Members

Maybe Nina might move back after reconnecting with the sense of family at the funeral? As a runaway, Nina never really had a real family. Then she befriended Cricket, and eventually she became connected with Katherine and Jill when she married Phillip III and gave birth to Phillip IV. With Cricket presumably doing her traveling road show as a lawyer these days, she and Nina may not be in touch much, so all Nina has these days is her son. So if for some reason, she gets sick of the scene in L.A., what better place to go than G.C. now that she's rediscovered her roots there at the funeral?

Once back, they can build some antagonism between Nina and Michael. Nina was gone from Genoa City during the years when Christine started doing all this legal work outside G.C. If Nina comes back and finds she doesn't have her best friend to lean on, she might blame Michael and his schemes to get with Christine for that. That might create a bridge between Nina and other characters that she didn't really interact with a lot in her past stint on the show and the writers can build on that somehow.

• Members

EASILY. It can be done, and it must be done. Tricia Cast and Marla Adams NEED to stay. I want Dina to be there for Jack when he's exposed for his part in the journal and hopefully arrested. Oh, and Julianna McCarthy too. I don't know what happened actually. She was SUPPOSED to stay back in 2004, but Jack Smith forgot about her. DAMN! Oh, and this sweeps has been great because once again it's build-up, character driven drama, not stupid hyped up, contrived sh-t like "Out of the Ashes." When you think about where the show was a year ago today, the difference is astonishing in terms of writing, directing, production, acting..it's very much CREATIVELY better.

• Members

But where were they? She got pregnant and ran away from home. After Rose sold her baby on the black market. Nina wound up living on the streets until Cricket and Danny found her in a park and Cricket took her in. That's real family? And then, like I said in my next sentence...

So the only real family Nina has is the one she built in Genoa City and has been apart from for years, but could easily find a desire to reconnect with after seeing them again at the funeral, which is what I said in my original post.

I guess I should qualify that a little bit. Nina was around when Christine did her first round of world traveling, during LLB's first maternity leave. That bit of traveling wasn't so much caused by Michael as it was by the estrangement between Paul and Chris over their different views about having children. It was during that time that Michael initially hired Isabella to ingratiate her way into Paul's life. By the time Chris returned to Genoa City, Nina was gone, and it was during that time when Chris pulled her second disappearing act (to cover LLB's second maternity leave). After Chris returned from that, she came back to work with Michael for a time. She worked for the DA's office for a while during the Victor/bribery story but then returned to private practice with Michael. Meanwhile, she hasn't been seen in Genoa City since 2006 (around the time John died), but based on her appearance to defend Ridge on B&B in 2007, she's presumably traveling again. They never really delved into the reasons why Chris started all this road work, but it wouldn't be a stretch for Nina to blame Michael and his schemes with Isabella for being the thing that kicked it off, especially since Nina wasn't around at the time Michael's scheme became public knowledge and probably only knows her friend Christine's side of the story.

Did I say no? And would I have posted two ideas that could be used to bring Nina back if I didn't think she should?

• Members

I don't want to mess up Y&R's talent budget...but I totally agree. Tricia Cast, Marla Adams and Julianna McCarthy all need to stay! Tricia should go on contract and get busy with the Chancellors and Marla and Julianna can go on Y&R style recurring. Jess Walton and Julianna McCarthy have the best chemistry, McCarthy is one helluva great actress. Marla Adams, well what is there to say other than the more Abbotts the better! Also, Dina's a total bitch who doesn't mind putting everyone in their place and yet isn't annoying like Gloria...PLEASE MAB, more Dina!

Archived