Aggie Nixon, 81, Steals AMC 10,000th Episode!

• Members

"Just as I was fantasizing about throwing a cherry bomb at ABC headquarters over the misogynistic, disgusting Todd-Marty redux story playing out on One Life to Live, along comes an episode of All My Children which soothed the fires of r age within me. It was the 10,000th episode of AMC, my all-time favorite soap....."

http://www.marlenadelacroix.com

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Of course she steals it. The woman is the only soap legend left, and classy to boot. If AMC only had half her heart these days. But it's a shell of its former self, which must kill her. I wish a headwriter could come in and restore AMC to its glory days, so Aggie could really be proud of her "child."

• Members

Oh pul--eeze! All My Children is literally one of Agnes kids! And like a child, she loves it whether its bad or good. A very motherly person IRL, she's had the grace and the fortitude throughout her own life to withstand anyone or anything the networks can throw at her. I've been told this by her personally.

I wish everyone would stop adding their snark to what I wrote in my congratulatory column. Let us all celebrate an 81 year old life well-lived and the enjoyment and entertainment Agnes has so superbly brought to us all over the years.

Connie P.

a.k.a. Marlena De Lacroix www.marlenadelacroix.com

• Members

Oy, my heart skips a beat everytime my eye catches the title of this thread, "Aggie Nixon, 81..."

Agnes is lovely. I can't think of a more appropriate word. Her appearances on AMC and OLTL earlier this year were so appreciated by this fan.

Certainly she's been unhappy from time to time with developments on her shows, but as Connie said, like a true mother she will love them through thick and thin. It's not as if her fingerprints, her blueprints really, have been erased. I've been a fan for around 25 years, taking breaks from time to time over the past ten years, but there are still glimpses of her Pine Valley (thanks mostly to the vivid characters she's created that are still on the canvas). Were there nothing redeemable, I'd quit watching altogether.

But that's the thing about AMC, especially for long-term friends. There is something about the show that is so much bigger than any idiotic s/l or regime. When anniversary time comes around, inevitably I am a little kid with a big lump in his throat tearing up watching the "story" he was raised on. That's Agnes.

Archived