Days: Days of Days Fan Event Recap

• Members

OK, so first some back round on what led to this. This event was on Nov 1st, the day after Halloween. Now i just turned 21 and my bestfreinds parents are out of town. Needless to say i was more than a bit hungover, esp since i left at 8am for Hollywood. Oh, and it was prob about 60 and raining. Now that may not seem cold to a lot of you, but i live in socal. thats freaking cold for us. and i cant tell you the last time it rained. however, it didn't start raining til i was there so i was in a t-shirt, shots, and flip flops. Now on with it...

So i arrive and there are prob about 600 or so people there. Now back in the day i woulda been here at 4am, but read the above and you will see why i wasnt lol. I get a spot next to the red carpet. I decided to take a video instead of pictures. Here it is...

">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

Here is a picture of the cast. Blake & Dee were stuck in traffic. Suzanne wasnt there :cry: Oh and click on the pictures for bigger.

th_l_53cfdded2b594fc2951eab048af32ea3.jp

Oh, then i found out they were handing out these awesome days books that had a photo of every cast member and a picture. Suzanne Rogers & Peggy have new pictures! I also won a days of our lives tote bag with a t-shirt, hat, sweet water bottle/canteen type thing, and a notepad. The first session of people were bo/hope/caroline, tony/anna/stefano, patch/kayla/mickey, melanie/rafe/nick, stephanie/chelsea/max. I went for steph/max/chels because i didnt really care about anyone else besides tony/anna/stefano whos line was already super long.

th_l_4d45143748ff46cb8b45fbace60e86d6.jp

Shelly was suber sweet. Her hair cut is so cute. I asked her about Stephanie/Philip and she just smiled and said its getting intersting.

th_l_3b75f2cff03a403696d78339a933761b.jp

Rachel, whos haircut is also suber cute and her peakaboo blonde is amazing, was great. I told her i loved Chelsea & Daniel and she said she enjoys working with Shawn a lot.

th_l_b0c99226bc7547edb1dbd3d87a3442e1.jp

Darren was my fave. He asked me how i was and i just kinda grinned and said ok with iot being 10am the day after halloween. He looks at me anmd nods his head and we discuss hangovers.

Next up i decide to head over to Molly, Blake, & Galen because theyw ere right across from where i was and the line wasnt long.

th_l_dd89a1b4537c4820bbe01cdf1a206953.jp

Molly & Blake... Ok, first off never been that into him, Blake is hawt. Like he just is, and he has this amazing personality. Anyways he was nice. And i cant stand melanie at all, but i love Molly. shes so light and fun and flirty (flirty in a good way, not a whore kinda way. lol).

th_l_a7a248c2b42e461699a42ed3319b2f46.jp

Galen was great, but i knew that because i have met him a ton of times. We got to talking about Rafe & Sami and i told him i was glad he came to days and got paired with Ali because i knew hey would have chem from when i seen the two of them host the NBC concert in Nashville.

yeah, the tony/anna/stefano line was still hella long and i was over it. After some shopping i ran into someone and we chatted and had lunch. I love making new friends, lol.

Ok, so after lunch i head over to the Dee, Drake, & Eric line. Now iw as torn between them and Shawn, Ali, and Bryan? or James? I forget what other one she was with but i found it odd that Shawn was at her table and not Galen. It was bryan because John, Ari and James were at another table. And James, Renee, and the little kid who plays Theo were together as were Lauren, jay, and Nadia. But anyways, i pick dee ebcause i bought that Marlena Barbie doll and needed her to sighn it.

The line was long and apperantly started in the stefano/tony/anna line. And then it started to pour down rain again but i stuck it out and made friends with this girl who came to get dee's picture and siggy for her mom and a couple who were on vacation. The four of discussed everything and then we were enxt to a huge screen that was showing days clips through the years, that was neat.

After about 3 hours in the rain i get up there...

th_l_5dac38c3de1f4bcf8a0798e4548f72ec.jp

Eric was awesome. I talked to him for a long time because he was the first at the table and drake was last and if you have ever met drake you know how that man talks and talks and talks. lol. I think he said he starts airing Nov 14th, but idk.

th_l_bcec5f97cc644da999ab088e77c951c0.jp

So i but out the Marlena doll and she wasnt that nice. She sighned it and i asked her oif she could put my name on it and then she was really nice, i think she thought i was only there to resell it on ebay or something becayuse her attitude changed once i asked for my name on it. I then told her happy birthday, even tho it was the day before and we chatted for a bit. She was sooooo nice. I love this woman.

th_l_2e8c15175938484a99ac4b06f472bca1.jp

Drake is the best. He really is. So all the stars were told not to stand up and take pictures so that everyone can get through but drake didnt care. He stood up for every picture. He is just amazing.

th_l_cb2e86721ed24d19a34cf9c8293cd629.jp

Drake & Dee. Awww, so cute.

next up was the finale. It was supsoed to be on the stage but it was about to rain again so they did it on the balcaony of the Hard Rock.

th_l_d4287e38cbee4abd8618e77b9bfa9e1b.jp

Bryan D. took off his button down shirt and Stephen N. took it and threw it over the ledge.

th_l_514a30d267ad42dba475f233176c146c.jp

th_l_b1530613a06544f08781b20e5442ee3a.jp

th_l_3d5dded88e554f7cab61ebda023aca5b.jp

James Scott and Ali Sweeney got the loudest reaction from fans when they walked out. Drake & Dee were right behidn them in fan reaction, and then Bryan.

I have a video of the nov sweeps promo and the cast right after. The sweeps promo looks awful on my cam, but oh well. Video is in Spoiler section. CLICK HERE

then i went home and went to bed for the first time since friday morning, lol.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Thanks for sharing your views and posting your pictures, jp! I sort of guessed that Drake would be super gracious with his fans, for some reason. Even though I'm not watching Days at the moment (maybe I should tune back in), I love that NBC/Sony are still organizing these fan meet-and-greets. Hopefully, it is sending the message that this soap still has a viable and devoted fanbase and is worth keeping on the air. I also liked the balcony shots with all the cast -- including John Aniston and Stephen Nichols. That's probably the thing I loved most about the show -- Days' ensemble cast.

• Members

That seems like an awesome event! Wow, I think soaps would so well if they could have a once a year, well attended event like this. With the exception of GH, the other fan events always seem so ill attended by the stars and are normally so poorly managed. This one just looks awesome.

I saw Suzanne's new promo picture... it is dreadful! I am happy she finally got a new one, but the stylist on the shoot needs to be shot. Her skirt suit is ill fitting, her hair is no netted and cement looking, and her makeup looks home done. She is wearing blue eyeliner for god's sake. She is such a beautiful woman, I just can't believe they could make her look so bad. Peggy's looks wonderful though. No bad wig or anything. Very natural and classy. I hope they begin to position Peggy as the new matriarch of the show now that Frances will be mia.

All in all though, I like DAY's cast photos because though they are all within the same theme, they look like they could be part of 1 collection. The photographs look wonderful compiled together. It just gives the show an overall theme. The use of colors is also very nice. It is so different than the other soaps who will go with all grey backgrounds to make things consistent. Whoever the photographer is at DAYS needs to be applauded, he/she is almost as good as ABC's former lead woman Yolanda Perez.

• Members

Thanx. You should watch Days again!

ha, thanx.

This event isnt the most well managed thing in the world. You really have to pikc and chose who you want to meet because the lines are so long, but for free it isnt that bad. I love GH's fan club weekend, best fan event ever IMHO.

I thin Suzanne's other outfit in the blue was much better, i wish they would realse that one.

and i agree about the pictures.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I Find it actually a little scary, the way Deidre Hall looks in this picture, i wish this actress could lay of plastic work some time, she is starting to look like Joan Rivers sister.

The video you posted was fun to see, Thanks for this.

Archived