Bizarre Photo

• Members

That's what I think. Some intern searched the net, found a pic that was the right size and resolution and just printed it out. But I shudder to think what site they might have been on (paging Elliot Stabler).

But how heartbreaking for the family. I can't imagine how I would feel if I were watching TV and saw a picture of, say, my dead father or grandparents. And the fact that this was a child who died under such terrible circumstances just makes it that much more horrific.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The thought did cross my mind that they could of done a search on a search engine and just looked at images.

They could of also could of found the photo through a legit source like the stock photo thing that was already mentioned then it boils down to if the photographer of the picture (and I think it looks professionally done) allowed it to be put into use for something like this without the parents permission.

• Members

I can't believe some of you people are bashing the grandmother of this boy. He was raped and murdered a [!@#$%^&*] year ago I think she has a right to be upset that her grandsons photo was used like that. I'm sorry but the whole fuckin thing is fishy to me. You don't just randomly get some murdered boys photo. I think she should seek legal action.

• Members

Bottom line, somebody somewhere down the line f'd up royally and is not doing his or her job properly. You don't just go grabbing photos willy nilly off the net (what an IDIOT) or mixing news photos in with copyright cleared stock photos. If that was the case, that photo had no business floating around the set of GHNS anyway, I mean really, did some dummy see a newspaper lying around and think, oh, instead of throwing this away, less toss it into props... clip a few photos, yadda yadda... :rolleyes:

Archived