AMC: October 17, 2008

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Pretty good today! I could do without the Rylee stuff...

But most of the other stuff was good. A few "Huh?" moments... Petey and Colby were delightful... Petey wanting to see the funnel cloud, and pointing out the difference between a tornado and a funnel cloud, LOL. But... his mom was carted off to the hospital after flatlining.. um... ought he not be worried? Loved the door hitting him :)

Adam/Erica were also delightful and it was scarey just to see the slight signs they had in there, that something was happening. It did seem like a little of their scene was cut though... a few lines missing? Too bad the show didn't cut the Rylee stuff to get more A/E in there.

The Comeback... what the heck happened to the basement? Krystal said they had one... with the tornadoes touching down all over the PA coastline... why weren't they IN the basement waiting out the storm. Surely they could have "acted out the wedding" in the basement. Or heck, at least the stairwell. The scenes there were good but the foolishness of standing by big windows and in a bar full of bottles and glasses and other sharp things... took away from the drama.

The Zach stuff was fantastic... him finding the house shattered... wow.. very 'real' and when he found the kids safe... just .. wow.

• Members

on, I think you read me wrong bc it was the cop that was the idiot asking what happened and Aidan informed him that it was obviously the tornado

ITA. It gave us good perspective to how much damage wa really done

The Zach stuff was good. It actually reminded me of Desperate Housewives when Lynette walked up and saw the house destroyed with her husband and kids under. I found it odd though that the boys were perfectly fine without a scratch

Thanks. It all makes sense now

• Members

I think Eric is right. JR wanted to go back to the Valley Inn, and I think Krystal was suggesting that they go to the basement at her house.

And then in the next scene,

Jesse comes in and tells everyone of the tornado warning. Krystal wants to leave to go get Jenny...

I think you missed the transcript I posted from the episode. AIDAN was the one asking what had happened.

• Members

Ryan is a horrible father. While Annie is runing around town, nearly getting herself killed trying to find Emma, he is more concerned with getting laid by Greenlee. Has he even mentioned Emma? She's out there somewhere bc he sent her despite Corrina's warning of bad weather. Nope, he's all about Greenlee at the moment and his child be damned. Spike hasnt even entered his thoughts either. Why cant he just die in this event?

• Members

The CGI was amazing.

The script was horrible. I will forever dread a Tracey Thomson day. This could have been much better with Kate Hall or Joanna Cohen writing.

I was tearing up with the Zach/Kendall phone call - and then Zach trying to find his family in the rubble.

Maybe I need to re-watch the Comeback scenes when the tornado hit and then after. I understand that Little A is underneath Babe... but how does he survive if Babe dies? What and where is this beam and what part of her body is it cutting circulation? It doesn't make sense to me... Aren't they on ground? Can't they just move the debris around her - and then she stand up and let him free himself? There isn't a big hole underneat them?

Erica/Adam stuff was great. I thought the Colby/Pete thing was a little off. I understand the mansion is huge, but if a tornado hit it and caused Adam/Erica to be trapped and buried alive...how did only a door fly open and hit Petey? And then how did they just stand around and talk about him being ok when a tornado hit the mansion? I don't know.

Anyway - great soap opera - very intense and enjoyable to watch. And this is only the beginning right...aren't there more tornadoes and disasters to come???

• Members

If they dont remove Babe and the debris from on top of Lil A, he is going to be crushed. Angie said that the beam or whatever that is under her is whats keeping her wound closed for now and if moved, she will bleed out. They really dont have the equipment or resources to deal with that right now. It made sense to me

• Members

Amanda Baker was wonderful yesterday..... where has that fire been her entire time on this show?

I thought the episode overall was well done, especially the affects but I like alwaysamc had problems with the script and the overall structure of the episode. The day before was much better in terms of suspense and overall structure.

But this is just day one! Adam and Erica were among the highlights for sure, and the candle wouldn't stay lit meaning there is little oxygen :(

Archived