Dark Shadows

• Members

I know that Isles avoided the DS Festivals because the fans couldn't be trusted not to ask her about Claus von Bulow, but apparently she did eventually agree to participate in a few DS projects that didn't involve direct fan contact.  It's not that out of the question that she had something to say for this documentary..

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

It seemed that Dark Shadows paired actor David Selby (Quentin/Grant) with every actress on the show other than Joan Bennett at one time or another.

Are there any actresses with whom  you think that he did not have any chemistry?  Who was your favorite actress paired with him?

I think that he and Donna McKechnie (Amanda/Octavia) were the best of all his pairings!

• Members

I have never seen Dark Shadows although I own the complete series (the one in the coffin). I've been told by some friends to start when Barnaby arrives, but I'd prefer to start from the beginning. Do DS fans have any opinions? Is the pre-Barnaby stuff really that expendable?

• Members

It's better to start before Barnabas arrives because the other characters have character development.. and there is one story that plays out alongside Barnabas arrival that started before the Barnabas story.  I actually liked the pre-Barnabas stuff better..imho.

• Members

I had watched most of the show in syndication back in the 1980s when they started with the introduction of Barnabas. I finally got a chance to watch the pre-Barnabas episodes this past year. It was interesting to see how the show started out, but I was personally bored by some of the material. My interest finally grew when they fully embraced the supernatural elements.

• Members

Christopher Pennock posted this on his FB page:

Villagers...please keep actor John Karlen in your spiritual practices...he has had a stroke and is in intensive care at St. Joseph's Hospital in Burbank. He has lost his speech and movement on his left side..2 surgeries have helped..I love this guy and I am devastated...om mani padme hung x trillions.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members
Barnabas Collins (@CousinBarnabas) tweeted at 6:41 AM on Thu, Apr 18, 2019:
Jonathan Frid — and Barnabas Collins — walked into Collinwood on this day in 1967, changing television forever. #DarkShadows @decadesnetwork 

• Members

I am not sure that the writers ever decided upon who her actual parents were.   Alexandra Moltke departed the show, and the two replacements (Betsy Durkin and Carolyn Groves) were hired to wrap up the more immediate storylines (such as her relationship with Peter Bradford).