TV and Movie Soundtracks

Cat

• Members

I am a soundtrack junkie. I love them and have a pretty good collection.

Some of my favorite soundtracks are:

Cruel Intentions

Buffy the Vampire Slayer (some really great unique sounding bands including a hauntingly gothic "Transylvanian Concubine" by Darling Violetta)

She's Having a Baby (good eighties alternative pop songs in there)

Platoon (good sixties "fight the man" songs)

Pretty in Pink (who doesn't like a little OMD??)

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Thank you so much, LegalGirl!! Yeah, I noticed that it's used in a lot of trailers (and it's used a lot during the Olympics too) and I always wondered where the music was from.

It's so good. :)

">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344">

• Administrator

I just finished watching "No Reservations" and Philip Glass did the score. It reminded me of his "The Hours" score which I just totally loved. "The Hours" was the first movie I noticed Philip Glass. I simply love his piano pieces - it's so beautiful, haunting and sad. It's one of my favorite film scores.

• Members

I'm going back a ways but I really like "Grease" and "The Jazz Singer" soundtracks--as a Neil Diamond fan I can admit he sucked as an actor but those were some great songs for the film. :D Saturday Night Fever is another good one, luv me those BeeGees. ;) And, as a Star Trek fan, I think, between all the tv shows and the movies, they had some great music...not just the themes but the music that would play during scenes--the original series, especially, had some memorable music--fight scenes had a certain theme, the Vulcans had another kind of music, a dangerous space object had another theme... :lol:

• Members

Thank God It's Friday had by FAR the better disco soundtrack--Casablanca and Motown hired their best to score it and it kinda flopped--even with Paul Jabara (in a bizarre straight acting role) and his great song for Donna Summer, Last Dance. Diana Ross has an AMAZING disco song on there--Lovin', Livin', Givin' and the full four record set is made of great eurodisco songs--the movie is kinda fun largely to see Jeff Goldblum act as king of disco--and Terri Nunn who DOnna Summer's producer liked so much he gave her Take My Breath Away 7 years later.

Archived