TV and Movie Soundtracks

Cat

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Depends. I like it, a lot. It is very French, subtle, sophisticated, translucently orchestrated... He likes the harpsichord, the Indonesian gamelan, the rhythm of the waltz...

I'm sure there are clips of his work on YT, why don't you check them out and let me know?

I expected Williams to return, but Desplat is an excellent and very surprising choice.

• Members

Benjamin Button is prob his most well known work--my knowledge of him is fairly sweeping scores like that and The Painted Veil (the best part of the movie IMHO) which is what I imagine Harry would be like, and more whimsical (yet kinda dry in a French way as Sylph so aptly said) stuff liek Julie and Julia and his great score for Fantastic Mr Fox (as you can tell I only really know his mainstream recent English stuff)

• Members

Yet another TV theme by Charles Fox and lyricist Norman Gimbel (who are prob most famous for Killing Me Softly With His Love and way too many similar sounding tv themes). LOL. It's cute--though the tv show looks like it would be a bad wannabe version of one of those Norman Lear shows, like One Day at a Time on too much sugar.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Well, Eric, it was pretty saccharine, like all Miller/Boyett shows... but I remember loving it when it originally aired. Doris Roberts' deadpan delivery and Debralee Scott doing that smartass thing she does added alot to it. Of course, I mainly remember at the time watching it to ogle Robert Hays, talk about a wet dream on two legs! I was 11-12 at the time, and going into the boy crazy phase.

• Members

Now, here is a big cult favorite, NEVER released on DVD... and probably won't until Don Kirshner kicks the bucket. It's Olivia Newton John's first film, "Toomorrow". Those 4 were an actual group for about a year and a half, put out an album, and made this movie. The original vinyl soundtrack goes for upwards of 200$ now:

And this was the groups first and only single release. (This also goes for HUGE money):

Archived