Edge of Night (EON) (No spoilers please)

• Members

Draper/April's house was in Oakdale (later sold to "Kirk" & Emily during the amnesia story). And when Jody came to town, it was said that she was raised in Springfield.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Raven is a force of nature... And Nola... boy, oh, boy... The show will not be the same after Kim departs... I have very little episodes left before that happens! And I will miss her. Sooo much. She is my current wallpaper actually. I adore this woman.

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Have no fear!! Nola Madison will "thank the Academy, my producer, my director, and all the Little People in the Audience who made my performance in Mansion of the Damned so ENCHANTING", before she sweeps off the screen like Norma Desmond in Sunset Blvd.   (It's an especially memorable farewell to an especially memorable character.) 

• Members

I feel like at the time there was a bit more restrictions about talking about characters belonging to a real life agency, involved with real world politics etc. But that's just my guess.

• Members

I agree, the culture of nationalism during the Reagan Era would have frowned upon US spies who working were against the government's interest. Which is why he got the CEA, the WSB, and the ISA on various soaps in the 1980s. 

• Members

Variety reported June 79 that Dennis Parker (Derek) tested for a leading role in 'Can't Stop the Music' at that point titled 'Discoland Where The Music Never Stops'

Parker was involved with Jacques Morali, who was behind the Village People and produced Dennis' album 'Like An Eagle'

So maybe Jacques pushed for Dennis to get an audition? Seems likely.

• Members

The Rialto Report (warning - NSFW site) profile on Dennis talked about this. Henri Belolo (EP on Dennis' "Like an Eagle" song) claimed that Jacques really wanted him to be in the movie, but Allan Carr refused. Henri believed that due to Allan's desires for young men, he was jealous of all the attention Dennis got. Jacques and Allan had a huge fight which Henri had to mediate. Ultimately Dennis wasn't in the film, although he was included in the promotion and premiere parties.

One of Dennis' friends said Dennis told him Jacques had decided not to include him as a member of The Village People because he wanted to launch him as a solo star. Dennis himself was more ambivalent about the whole thing.

Edited by DRW50