Y&R in Paris Actors announced

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I kenw what post it was about, lol.

I just think Sharonw as run her course and needs to go - and Phick (as mucha s ia ctually do love them for what theyw ere at one time) are also a bore and nothing can change that. they all (along with Jack) need to exit eachother orbit and move on with life (or in sharons case, death).

• Members

That is true, for most cases, however the problem with phyliss & nick is it should have never become a marriage with a child and love. It was a hot passion filled torid affair and it was amazing. MS & JM rocked that and had amazing sex chem, however they have no romantic in love married with a child chem. They are an awful coupling, but an amazing pair. its odd.

Sure, you can seel anythign to the audiance as wel as its writtenw ell and the show takes the audiance there, thats a given, but the show has not done that and it doesnt seem they intend to.

• Members

Actually a lot of those ideas from JackPeyton would be great. I've actually always dreamed of writing for soaps; I guess it's my dream job (you know, one of those that you always dream about, but they never come true).

• Members

I just wish they had been writing some tension between Nick and Phyllis. For them to suddenly break up, along with Sharon and Jack, before this Paris shoot starts just seems a little far fetched to me. Even more absurd is if both Victor and Nick suddenly get back together with their exes. It is one thing to have Nick and Sharon being their goal, but to rush it won't be good for anyone involved, including the audience.

• Members

Well there is still time for the tension between Nick and Phyllis to happen. Paris is scheduled for November, right? So there are two full months before that.

I once dreamed of becoming a soap writer, but now I would never do it. You can rarely please soap audience and they love to complain a lot.. lol

• Members

As much as you would like to think that Shick is dead, the writers keep showing that they aren't, there was nothing toxic about their marriage, they had some of the best family scenes on Y&R, a loving and devoted relatioship to each other, though they made mistakes in the marriage, they always overcame those mistakes. Until the mistress came up pregnant, even then Nick wasn't trying to break up his home and family, to be with said mistress. The show has given out the list of cast that is going to Paris, the whole cast isn't going., that leaves Phyllis in GC.

• Members

The problem here -- and I don't understand it because I'm a 43 year old male -- is that this kind of topic often devolves into "Shick" versus "Phick", and love/hate for actors. I can't play in that sandbox.

What this thread illustrates, though, is a certain unanimity of opinion. Diehard Phick lovers (me) and haters alike seem to feel that Phick has become stale. Notice that there is not much sentiment for "Shack", because they have always been an odd pairing.

Some of this is true..."happy couples" often get boring. But here, it is more than that. Stafford is SIMPLY not into what she is playing...and she hasn't been for a very long time. Around the time she morphed into the "giggly heffa" phase (when I thought she was really Sheila, personally), she's been emotionally disconnected from the material. The whole time Phyllis was in prison, I read her as "annoyed", not "desperate" or "upset".

She could still play her incendiary chemistry with Joshua Morrow, but she chooses not to.

So, Phyllis is best when she is insecure and threatened. Having her play manipulative mom with Daniel doesn't fit SO well.

I like Nick and Sharon together--I always have--but I'm fine for them to remain apart. I'm much more interested in Nick and Amber having sex...setting up an Amber and Phyllis RAGE FEUD. And I'll say it again...I still want Amber's mom Tawny and Paul's sister Patty (both played by Andrea Evans) to be the same person. (I don't even care if Andrea Evans plays it...I just want them to be the same person). That paves the way for Amber or Tawny/Patty to save Heather with a bone marrow transplant (which is where I speculate it is going). It gives Amber more heft if she is tied to the Williams' clan. And I'd love to see Paul get all avuncular with her. Of course, I also desperately want Mary Williams back to meddle in the lives of her two granddaughters, Amber and Heather.

• Members

I think ALOT of people are READING something (again) into something that may never come to pass, just because a "small list" was released by French TV, does not mean that the 4 are the only ones going to Paris. Also, remember that in France Cassie just had her stupid accident, there is NO PHICK in France as of right now, nor will there be for the next 8 months, and the characters going are going to CELEBRATE Y & R in France, not neccessarily a re-uniting of Nick and Sharon and Victor and Ashley.

Sorry but a loving in devoted relationship does not have up to seven cases of ADULTERY in it! Nick was already in love with Phyllis before she found out she was pregnant, he had already tried to end the SHICK marriage twice before the end of the PHICK affair, and Nick told Phyllis countless times he was IN LOVE with her. Nick only decided to stay with Sharon out of obligation after he said that HE was the baby's father and Sharon called him on it, he could not say that he was not in love with Phyllis to his wife.

Maybe it is not all "in the can" and is subject to change with any new writer or EP that might be in office tomorrow or next week or next month....

• Members

I think that you do protest to much, no one was talking about Shick getting back together(which would be a big plus for me and not out of the realm of it happening) but the actors that have been announced to go to Paris. This shoot is in conjunction with France celebrating 20 years of Y&R and also part of the November sweeps. You keep waiting for that additonal list and inform us when its put out.

Whatever amount of adultrey that was in the marriage, they both chose to stay in the marriage, working on it as they raised their family. Nick was and has been in lust with Phyllis at that time, mo. Nick never tried to end his marriage but the opposite, if you can provide a link showing where Nick was going to end his marriage, then by all means provide a link to it, since it never happened on the show. The obligation was the marriage between Nick and Phyllis, as he told the Judge, there was a child involved, which the judge had no sympathy for the situation, hence the marriage in New Mexico.... Well since we done have a new writer, but the ones that are in place now, the show will go on as scripted by them, if they choose to put them together, they will, everyone will have to live with it, as we have had to do the last few years. ;)

Archived