ATWT: Week of August 18th, 2008

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I've been watching the Olympics, so I'm way behind on ATWT. I'm hoping new stories will start soon because the ones we have right now aren't exactly riveting. I really need the show to move away from the campiness that was the poisoning story. I like camp at times, but ATWT has never been that good at it, imo.

• Members

My problem with ATWT is that the stories are usually dreadfully boring and just plain played out, but for some reason, they're still able to put on good shows every now and then. I don't know...maybe the people who are in charge of the day-to-day production of the show should be in charge of the major story planning.

• Members

Oakdale just seems to be a toxic place to live. First half the town is sent opison jewelry, then the Snyder Farm is suddenly polluted beyond all repair. Next thing you know Metro will be serving toxic alcohol!

I loved Paul's face when Casey yelled at Emily for "hanging out with her ex." Paul was just like "Seriously, Em? He was next on your list?" (I found the whole "Emily is going to dish on Paul" thing kind of hard to believe. Isn't the Intruder part of WorldWide, and isn't Paul CEO [ugh] of WorldWide? Couldn't he, somehow, prevent her from printing the story).

I really think Dylan Bruce is coming into his own as Chris. I really liked his scenes with Dani (though the whole French wine thing was sort of pretentious).

Oh, and Meg is pregnant. Again. Do I really care? No. This is, like, Paul's third child. Even if it, by some miracle, survives the womb, what are the odds that it'll make it to adulthood? I can't help but feel that this baby will play a role in an up-coming return, which is kind of disappointing. It's been done before.

Still, they made me like Chris today, which is a good thing. (Even if they have to make Aaron a total tool in the process).

One last thing, I really liked Paul's sketchy money-lender. I think he was Metro's first actual customer since Henry took over! A day with Henry (and now, by connection, Bonnie) is a day worth watching. (The fact that the Lily/Carly/Holden/Mike mess wasn't featured was also a huge plus. I think they have clinched the worst quadrangle in Oakdale from Craig/Meg/Paul/Rosanna. Impressive. Sad, but impressive).

• Members

Emily has creative control of the Intruder. She insisted on that when Paul wanted the Intruder as part of WW.

But even if that weren't the case, I'm willing to let it go b/c I finally got PEm scenes after way too many months.

Emily wondering what had Paul's 'panties in a twist' was a thing of beauty, as was Paul's comment about Emily robbing Casey's cradle.

Emily should have just gone to Bonnie though, she could have had the story in about 5 minutes.

• Members

I think this week is just a transitional week with

I'll that over Lily/Carly/Holden/Mike and all the other crapola.

I agree, the whole Lily/Carly/Holden/Mike is a mess. Sorry, but I still think Beck is proving to be a miscast as Lily. Only Bryne can whine like that and get away with it.

• Members

Hi, World Turns fans! I am sorry to intrude your thread! I am a OLTL fan, but I like to keep up with the doings on all the shows. Especially the competition! Heh heh heh! :P

Actually, I turn to ATWT during OLTL commercials, and it looks pretty good to me! Why the slow thread this week?

• Members

I was coming in to say this same thing. I don't watch everyday, but the days I do watch when NUKE is on, they seem to be kissin' more often now. I don't know the characters name - L Lau - could be a daddy for Luke? Maybe Luke has a daddy complex.... :P

And the actress playing Liberty looks very pretty in the location shots. I would watch out for her. She seems pretty talented as well.

• Members

Personally, I'd rather gnaw off my own arm than discuss Aaron/Ali/Chris or Meg/Paul. I will say, I did like Derek the loanshark, but that probably only means he'll wind up dead soon.

This week is mediocre. Even the Carjack/Bratie/ParLib stuff today seemed flat. I will say, Brian seemed to be giving Lily the "what do you look like naked?" once over.

• Members

I actually enjoyed Brad Snyder and family at Al's today. Everything after that was pretty lame, though. (I don't really see why Carly, Jack, and Janet were so against Bratie's manipulation of Parker). (If I wanted to be really nit-picky, I could say that there's no way that Parker, being as scrawny as he is, could actually scare off a college kid. Geekwad).

As for Nuke, I know it's been said a million times before, but I can't stand it. Every single story that they're in involves Luke and Noah facing the evils of a homophobic world! Why is Luke even surprised by this anymore? I mean, he's been shot by his boyfriend's psycho dad, he was nearly sent to a "re-programing" camp by his own dad, and he's had random strangers pull over on the side of the road just to beat him up. Maybe Oakdale just is not the place to be if you're gay. Maybe Luke and Noah should move.

I cannot, for the life of me, stand Luke's attitude. He is constantly being righteous and playing the victim. "I am NOT going back in the closet you mean, mean man." Fine, Luke. FINE. Let's take offence at everything everybody says. Just man up.

(I swear to God I'm not a homophobe lol. It's just that Luke and I seem to have very different outlooks).

As for why it's a slow thread this week, it's a slow week on screen. I can only assume that the groundwork is being laid for bigger stories this fall. Not better stories, but bigger ones.

Archived