ATWT: Week of August 18th, 2008

• Members

Luke is a whiny little bitch and has been one for oh, a few months over a year now. Did they HAVE to queen him up? Like seriously. Search YouTube for any pre-Noah videos of Luke. Be it Luke with Kevin, Luke with Jade, Luke with Lily, Luke with Lucinda, Luke with Holden, Luke with Damian, Luke with Will, Luke with ANY-FRICKEN-BODY. That's one of the main issues I have with the character and this "couple." It's always LUKE.AND.NOAH.AND.NO.BODY.ELSE. Storyline bubble if I ever saw one!

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Medicore is being nice. This week has been so slow, dull and just plain boring. I also like the Drek character.

The whole Parker/Liberty story was so ridiculous. I really dont care anymore if Parker is happy or not. The character has just been so bratty lately that I dont care anymore. Brad and katie were just plain stupid today. The only one who had common sense today was Janet. Go figure!

Oye..what to say about Luke? The Nuke stuff seems to be going in circles.

Luke: I am gay....hear me roar.

Noah: Maybe you shouldnt roar that loud Luke.

Luke: Pouting....crying..screaming...I am gay....boo hoo....plssssssss..

Yup, LUke is a such a whiny bitch!! I agree with your post. Luke was NOT written that way before he meet Noah. And yes Luke has become too queeny for me.

• Members

So....I'm supposed to believe that Dani is so tainted by being Emily's neice...that Margo's forgotten Dani is the daughter of her friend and ex-sister in law? UGH. TIIC couldn't make Margo stupider if they tried. And honestly, after that showdown with Decker, I thought she'd hit rock bottom.

Margo was being a bitch, and circumventing public policy to boot. HOW THE HELL is that Emily's fault??? However, I had a sneaking suspicion that the Mayor would turn out to be an ex-client of Em's. Nice to know Em's always ready to use her connections, even though she's supposedly ashamed of being a hooker. :rolleyes:

Lily/Holden/Mike. GMAFB. I can't believe Lily gives Holden the time of day. Mike looks pathetic. And am I supposed to be impressed Holden has a bug up his ass about Lily "moving on"????? I'm not..it's his m.o., no matter which woman he's talking to.

• Members

I seriously had to ask myself why I watch this show today. I HATE Lily, Holden, and Mike. All of them. I just...in what world are these people even bearable, let alone likeable? Every time we see Lily and Holden, all they do is fight. About stupid stuff. "No, Lily. I'm not watching the kids. HA! Now you can't go out to lunch. Nya nya." Just...barf.

(Isn't it funny how Martha was fired because she wanted to be in a certain number of episodes. Lily sure seems to be on screen a lot these days, so what's the real deal?)

PJ, ICAM about Margo/Dani. I guess, though, it makes sense in a world run by Goutman. Dani's mother's last name is Stewart, therfore Margo must go after her and slay her in order to restore peace to the universe. Forget character history. Since when has this show cared about that? Character integrity means nothing. Next thing you know, Kim will be finding a reason to harrass Dani. It's dramatic! It's out of left field! Nobody saw it coming!

The high point of today was Meg and Paul eating cookies, because Marie Wilson is as cute as a button, and she and RH look good together. (Hey, I'll take what I can get).

• Members

Ugh...this show sucks [!@#$%^&*]!!!

Why is Margo being such a bitch to Danni?? :huh: This so stupid and ridiculous!!

Holden....ugh......go away and drop from this earth!! I cant stand him anymore!!

This show is full of bull [!@#$%^&*]!!!

Goutman and Pissant dont know at all the history of these characters or how they should interact with other members of Oakdale.

Goutman sucks [!@#$%^&*]!! And so does Pissant!!

• Members

I like PEg as well, but their stories are not very good. Not two seconds after burying Sophie's body and surviving Meg's poisoning, Paul has managed to put his marriage in jeopardy by going to a loan shark. Could this couple have had two weeks of down time and happy maybe? If Paul loses his 3rd child (That I can remember) I'm going to be annoyed. As a side note some of these actors look so good in the outside shots. Roger Howarth is looking amazing right now, especially in the outside shots. GL could learn something.

I think Dani is going to be interesting. Even if Margo had given Dani a chance because of her ties to Betsy, it seems clear she's going to have very good reason to hate her soon enough. Personally, I'm glad. I love the Hughes/Stewart rivalry. It's on of the few interesting things about this show right now. If only the Stewarts had some males in their clan.

• Members

IA, but the feud would be SOOOO much better if it weren't so black and white. The way its written now, all of the Stewarts have the "slutty" gene, while all of the Hughses are the victims of said gene. If there were real depth, if someone actually put some thought behind things, the show could get back on track. It seems like the long story is just "Bring back more Stewarts, have them confront Hughses."

Today's show was...there. I didn't really care. Jack/Carly/Brad/Janet/Katie/Liberty/Parker had a car wash. Okay, whatever. Call me when something happens. Katie felt insecure (for all of a scene). Oh, and I must have missed a scene, because for the past week, Liberty's been all, "Parker, you need to let go," and then on the end of today's show, she was all over him.

I think that one of the major problems with this story in particular is that it's being written like a sitcom. Not in the sense that it's funny, but in the sense that we have a set of characters who we see each day in different situations (at a car wash/restaurant/bake sale). However, there isn't really any continuity. The story doesn't go anywhere. I find this very surprising since, whatever is (rightly) said about CG and JP, they have both been in this business a long time and should know the basic tenents of soap opera. Again, the long story just seems to be "Parker and Liberty are crazy in love. Their parents don't like it."

When Meg keeled over today, I just laughed. I couldn't help but thinking, "Well, I didn't expect it this soon!" I realize that it was just a plot point to get her to interact with Derek, but still couldn't she just have bumped into him? I mean, it's a miracle that this woman, who cannot have children, has gotten pregnant so often. Is it really necessary to kill ALL of her babies?

Next week looks like it'll be better, but I know better than to think that. TPTB have shown that they cannot write for this show.

• Members

I agree with Felix...this entire week ATWT has just "been there". It almost feels like ATWT decided to throw in the towel, thinking everyone would be watching the Olympics or something.

Of the two stories, I liked Parker/Lib et al scenes better. Yes, it was stupid. But at least the dynamics seemed a little different. Brad/Katie snarked at each other, Janet/Jack/Carly were at least on the same wavelength concerning the kids. Paul and his millionth stupid scheme seemed to be the same old routine, no matter what the specific situation was about.

Archived