August 4-8 2008

Toups

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Well, maybe because a majority of soap viewers still get Guiding Light at the same time as General Hospital. Ratings suggest the South still has the biggest soap audience of any region, and most of the South still gets GL at 3PM Eastern/2PM Central.

• Members

I'll post my weekly ratings analysis when I get the chance to if and when the ratings come out.

It looks like things went up big time last week for most soaps, which means a good week.

Can't wait to see DAYS ratings next week to see how it did with the Olympics as the lead in since their coverage for those three hours are higher than the Today Show.

• Members

GH bragging about 17% more viewers than GL? It seems like GL being so close to GH is the real victory. Let's see -- GL is in crappy time slots in a lot of major markets; has no buzz; limited budget, etc. Interesting. BTW -- The major syndicated daytime programs took a hit from LA EQ coverage last week, so I wouldn't be surprised if Thursday's ratings are down, which is probably enough to bring week down.

• Members

I have to say DAYS has been the most watchable now for me than it has been in a while. Loved the Stefano/Marlena confrontation from last week. I don't care if it has been done 10x over, this is familiarity and it is worth watching IMO.

• Members

It is really is eye-opening what a small percentage of viewers are in that key demographic. It looks like two out of every three daytime viewers is age 50 or over. It looks like some of the decline in viewing stems from funerals.

Archived