OLTL: Discussion for the week July 21st - 25th

• Members

They're just making Todd look stupid in all of this. Marty is gonna want to KILL him when she gets her memory back and found out he kept her from her child, and her future unborn grandchild.

The writing is AWFUL for Todd. He bitches and moans if anyone DARES to keep him from his children, but he isn't hesitating doing it to the woman he did something disgusting too years ago

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

OLTL'S 40TH ANNIVERSARY

The One Life To Live set was jumpin' on July 15 when the show celebrated its 40th anniversary with a visit from creator Agnes Nixon. ABC Daytime president Brian Frons, OLTL executive producer Frank Valentini, and head writer Ron Carlivati were among those on hand to praise the show and fete the 80-year-old writer/producer, who's taped an appearance on the show (as the Creator in heaven, no less) to commemorate the anniversary. Nixon loaned the cast and crew a scrapbook from the first years of the show that reflected how it pushed racial boundaries by integrating African Americans in the storylines.

''It's amazing that that was only 40 years ago and the world is so different that now we have a black man running for president,'' said Erika Slezak (Viki) as she pored over the scrapbook.

Nixon's eyes misted up as she remembered the Friday cliffhanger for one racially-charged storyline about Carla Benari (Ellen Holly), a woman everyone — including the audience — believed was of Italian descent. The fact that she was actually African American came to light when Sadie Grey (Lillian Hayman) was revealed as her mother. Nixon remembers the backlash created by that story when Carla became romantically involved with both a white man and a black man, including one letter that said, ''I want to protest her kissing that black doctor. But I'm confused. If it turns out that she's black, I want to protest her kissing that white doctor.''

When asked if she kept any other memorabilia from the show, Nixon said she didn't need to because, ''I carry it in my heart.''

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20213473_2,00.html

• Members

I just watched Friday's.

I haven't seen Trevor make such an effort in his work in I don't know how long.

The John/Blair scenes and the Todd/Marty scenes were a LOT stronger than I ever dreamed they could be. I really needed that after the camp at the beginning of the week.

Archived