OLTL: Discussion for the week July 21st - 25th

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

From what I recall, Marty and Todd did sleep together in college, once. And when Marty then rejected him at the fateful frat party, he and his buddies then gang raped her. So it's not technically a lie.

I always wanted Powell Lord III or Zach Rosen (the other "forgotten" rapists) to come back and stir up trouble for Todd. Powell would be the obvious choice because he's also related to Viki. But Zach Rosen would leave more flexibility to go anywhere with Zach's past.

• Administrator

Ah okay, thanks. I'm not familiar with their history except that he ganged raped her.

Their scenes were so good yesterday because it was so disturbing and I loved how almost every scene ended on Todd - loved the subtext.

• Administrator

This is exactly what I wanted - Brody and Gigi get closer while Rex is out of town. This triangle is setting up perfectly.

Great scenes with Todd/Marty again. He's telling her these half truths and you could feel Todd's guilt.

• Members

Todd Manning is vile. he brutally ganged raped Marty and he kidnaps her and tells her that she slept with him? He then proceeds to joke with her about how she told him that he was bad in bed. She then apologizes to him if she hurt him. WTF? He is beyond sick and a descpicable person. I can barely wach this storyline and I want it ended ASAP. Watching Marty be manipulated and victimized again is not cool or entertaining

• Members

I still want to know where they are going with this and what they plan on doing with this Marty/Todd storyline. It obvious that they are setting up a love triangle with McBain/Blair/Todd but what are they plan on doing with Marty in this equation?

• Members

I really loved the Dorian scenes today. It is so nice to see her vulnerable and to see that she really does have a heart, and a conscious. I can't wait to see where this goes. I also loved the David scenes and I just wish he'd tell them why he can't take their offer. I want SOMEONE to know that Viki died, if only for a short time. I also enjoyed, much to my surprise, the Gigi and Brody scenes. I could get behind them...

• Members

Same here and it is shaping up quite nicely with the kiss at the end, I did not expect that!

I don't mind the Todd and Marty story because I know he is lying to her about everything out of spite not because he is falling for her. Todd will get his once her memory returns and she finds out all his lies.

Pretty good episode but I miss 1968.

Why can't David take the offer? I was confused

• Members

:rolleyes: Not that again. the lady created it. She personally groomed Gordon Russell to take over from her, and he wrote prob the show's best, and longest consistantly good era, AND Michael Malone has said he went and learned a lot from her when he started--her knowledge of the overall stories seemed to show she kept on eye on the show (he was so won over by what she told him of the history fo the show he felt the viewers should see it again too and created the week long of flashbacks during Megan's death). What more do you want from the lady.

E

• Members

Yes I found one from a recent Off Broadway play--she actually (it wasn't too clear) seems to have aged similarly to Erika. Either way I don't think Vicki had much story the era Joanne was on (was Gillian's last major story the stalking of her by Marcie or someone? She was played by a future soap writer I believe and tried to make it look like Niki was back--or was it the return of Joe?)

Oh I know she saw Nicki back then (well I'd forgotten, but...) but when you're gonna see SOO many great old characters it's one thing--when you see, like 3, and one of them is Nicki, it's another thing. I was gonna comment on the makeup--Torpey was done up like she was going to an awards show, but Erika wasn't.

Man I'll have to see that ep if I'm ever in New York--is the Paley Center the same as the Museum of TV and Radio? Do you remember what year it was from or what other characters are in it? I love the one 1969 ep in B&W everyone has prob seen but it's a shame we see Meredith but no Vicki.

E

Archived