The Doctors

• Members

I do think that Marland has finally settled down in his role as head-writer.. and finally is moving the show forward.  He also seems to have finally quickened the pace a bit with having Maggie cheat on Matt with the new guy after only a month or so of knowing him.  And poor Greta is neglected and acting like the adult for once.  

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I'm very much enjoying the Kyle/Maggie story.  I found their attraction very natural; not forced at all.  This is probably the first story that is strictly Marland's own.  I'm glad he gave Lydia/Maggie something to do other than being the gossip and recapper.

Edited by jam6242

• Members

I've just watched the scenes on YT.  Marland might have realized at that point how the stories were dragging, so he killed her off in order to get something going.

The Kyle/Maggie story is why I wish TPTB had kept Dr. Dan Allison around as a John Dixon-type figure, rather than kill him off.  Imagine how much richer the story might have been, had Maggie grown closer to Dan, who would show a rare, tender side to his personality, as he helped Maggie cope with her and Matt's problems.

Why must Carolee's flashbacks be so damn long?  Did Marland watch TD when the Pollocks were writing -- and flashbacks practically took up entire episodes -- and figured that was the way to go?

Edited by Khan

• Members

I think Dan was damaged to the point of return for them to even keep him. He was sadly roadkill for the Steve/Carolee pairing. 

I am eager to see the explosive confrontation between Ann and Steve coming soon. The only thing that is irking me about this whole story is that Steve will get off scot's free--not taking blame in his part in Carolee's breakdown. I am hoping I will be proven wrong, but I can feel it coming that Carolee will just take Steve back and all will be forgiven. 

• Members

I think Y&R was the first show to use the actors faces in the opening ?

On old Road of Life eps on youtube the actors on that days episode posed in picture frames but other shows just used visuals.

it wasn't till the 80's that shows started using the actors in the credits.

The Doctors now faces the issue of keeping up to date .Althea, Penny and Jerry will soon be gone.i wonder how often the credits will be updated?

• Members

Between the delays and the interminable flashbacks, it's as if the Pollocks have been ghostwriting the entire time.  No way should Marland have taken this long to get any momentum going on the Steve/Carolee/Ann or Paul/Stacy/Matt/Maggie, etc. stories.  Did the network and/or Colgate-Palmolive interfere and prevent him from wrapping up stories and/or creating new ones?  Was his trepidation a result of his having no prior knowledge of the show?

Seriously, what did Jackie Smith's daughter allegedly see in his work on this show that convinced her mom to lure him over to GH?  I doubt her daughter even watched TD, because, really, what would have been there to captivate any new fan, let alone one as young as she?

Edited by Khan