The Doctors

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Thank you for the summaries, jam.

So the pregnancy Maggie had early in her run - was that Greta?

I guess Kate left in the September 1965 section. I always wondered if she left with that Brock guy. I guess not, if he was killed afterward.

I had to laugh at the multiple mentions of Matt having a "violent argument." Nick eat your heart out.

• Members

I believe that Kurt Van Alen was Greta's father so Maggie must have lost her first baby.

I did find an article that mentioned Ellen McRae's (Burstyn's) hiring and it was implied that she was hired to fill the gap created while Ann Williams was on maternity leave. Apparently, Ellen was already fairly well known at the time.

ellen%20mcrae_zpsulykg5p4.jpg

• Members

Yes just goes to show you can write compelling story without resorting to the usual cliches.

Today Karen would have

a Lied that Matt was the father. Maggie would believe it. Karen would then seduce Matt. Matt and Maggie divorce.

b.Had a miscarriage and claimed Matt was the father.

Catfights between Maggie and Karen ensue causing Karen to lose the baby. She frames Maggie for the death of a patient etc etc

Edited by Paul Raven

• Members

I find it interesting that Steve just went all in with wanting to "do the right thing" regarding Karen and the baby. Since he was a playboy, I am somewhat surprised that he didn't recommend that Karen have "an operation" -- as they referred to it on some TV shows and movies back then -- to take care of the problem. I can imagine that this wasn't the first time that this problem had come up. Maybe Mona had taken care of all of the others. It definitely makes his character much more interesting.