• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Priya and Paul do have chemistry, but she superficially speaking, I can't fathom how she can cheat on DILF-y AJ for disgrunted Paul. LoL

And may I ask if this Tash bitch is popular because all she does is whine and comlpain, over and over and over. I really wish she had died in that car crash.

Edited by Bright Eyes

• Members

Tash is pretty whiny, but sometimes she has some spirit, too. She's a good friend. Her Dad had an affair with her aunt while she and her mother were in the water and she was a very small child, and the mother drowned going after her. That's her defense, lol, she's been through a lot. Now Dad left town and sold the house out from under her - he's actually in Europe with the aunt!

• 1 month later...
  • Members

(Sort of) big returnees and a new family are coming: Sarah Beaumont, Steph Scully, Mark Brennan, and a recast Lauren Carpenter with her family, the Turners!

Not sure where they're all going to live - the new family in particular - so maybe a few other characters will be leaving soon?

These scans from TV Week, do not belong to me, but http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaffas_mum_uploads/

8155662598_8c4aeaa2e0_b.jpg

8155666858_948d000e10_b.jpg

• Members

Ecstatic. Love that Steph and Sarah are returning, and I'm one of the few (it seems) that actually liked Mark. Some people found him dull b/c he's a nice guy, who has integrity, which makes him seem a bit uptight about things; he was a good contrast to manipulative Dr. Rhys and happy-go-lucky, handyman Kyle, who he shared Number 26 with.

I loved Sarah, but apparently, a lot of people found her boring. Why do nice characters get such bad reps? I'm looking forward to her sharing scenes with Toadie, but more importantly, Karl and Susan. Sarah is probably just a plot device to get Karl and Susan back together, but I don't mind, as it's so good they're using history in a positive way to move story.

But, they aren't permanent, which I kinda knew they wouldn't be. Steph is back for 2 months, Sarah: 6 weeks, and Mark: 1 month.

Libby was still with the show when Steph went to prison, so she should either be surprised that Libby has left, or she would've been filled in off screen by her mum Lyn, Susan's best friend. Hopefully they'll reference Libby's absence.

Having Lauren return should give Lou a purpose again. I mostly remember Lauren for falling off her horse, being brainwashed by a cult, and that love triangle with Brad Willis and Beth Brennan. She was a bit of minx, from what I recall, so a lot of fun. We'll see if Lauren 2.0 has the same edge, or if she's been toned down. They début in February, Oz pace, so I wonder what changes will take place between now and then? Whose house will they occupy?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I'm sad that Rhys will be leaving, too. Very complex and interesting character, that has yet to be fully developed.

I guess this is why The Turners are coming, and probably why they're bringing back Mark and Steph to ease the transition period. I didn't include Sarah, as her return has been in the making for a whole year!

This is one of the problems with the show (and H&A) - the younger actors just don't want to stay for more than 2-3 years; the lure of Hollywood is too great for Australians, it would seem.

• Members

The season finale is December 7th. It always airs for longer than H&A. The break usually varies, but it appears it may return on Jan 14th; generally it's 4 weeks, but they now film 6 episodes a week, so they can have a longer production break over Christmas to save money. The show always goes on a production break for the whole of January.

• Members

H&A rarely does Christmas. The last one I remember was 2004, and then 2010 (I think), when Alf dressed up as Santa - but I wasn't watching. In recent years, the show has jumped time from the finale to be up-to-date with RL when it returns.

Neighbours does Christmas most years, it just plays out earlier than RL. The later the show returns, the less chance Christmas will still be commencing. E.g: Christmas happened close to 2011's finale, and the return was a continuation of the cliffhanger, so Christmas was still happening, until it randomly disappeared in the next episode, and the show was back correlating to RL dates. It can be a bit jarring when watching the episodes in succession. New Year is hardly ever celebrated. Or mentioned in either show.

• 1 month later...