Emmerdale: Discussion Thread

• Members

I can't really blame David after he was lied to on such a fundamental level even when he agreed to give up everything to move to Portugal. I guess they made it OTT so we would not side with either of them too much, but I don't think he was wrong.

I'm just glad they've shown Adam being rattled, instead of having him slick about it until the reveal.

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Yes. It actually makes me feel bad for him somewhat as he is struggling with his own guilt about the affair.

But I seriously have to ween myself back into watching ED regularly as it is giving me everything I need in a soap just from reading recaps too. American soaps have me jaded to the whole genre where I don't like to watch anything soap related. Especially Y&R.

• Members

I'm right there with you. Until I got back into it last December I was just limited to The Doctors and soap reruns on Youtube.

Even now, there are big dud episodes (like Monday and somewhat Tuesday this week), but when it's good, it's so much better than any soap on now. US or UK.

• Members

I don't feel bad for Adam at all. He's just so stupid.

I agree re Charlotte Bellamy/Laurel. She's just fantastic and the despair in her face. The vitriol she was hurling at her poor daughter. It was just all so real and crazy. And despite it all Marlon was still about to give her a second chance. And you can tell he still loves her on some level.

Ross/Debbie/Zak was good too. My man is just too fine when he's in sweats

• Members

Yes! In August a new volume of old "Emmerdale Farm" episodes will be released! Volume number 5, with 32 episodes originally screened between December 1973 and March 1974! biggrin.png

It's been almost 3 years since volume 4 was released, hopefully it won't be that long this time.

• Members

How awkward that in a story showcasing the alleged sexual tension of Ross and Debbie, Ross has far more sexual tension with the OAP gangster, Charlie. I know Ross has some daddy issues to sort out but it was glaring today as they talked about "a good hammering" and traded intense looks while having their faces pressed close together.

• Members

I'll be sad to see her go, but I love so much about Emmerdale these days it won't hit too hard. Her first couple of years on the show were rough. Leyla's character got hit hard and it merely felt like Alicia was nothing but a replacement, a placeholder. Of course, there was rarely ever anything to praise under Blackburn's noxious tenure. It wasn't until she returned from prison for punching someone in the face (who knew that could happen on a soap?) and returned under Kate Oates' renergized pen that she was anything much to watch. The Priya/David/Alicia triangle was dynamite and it culminated in a classic soap opera wedding that David and Alicia truly earned as characters. I just hope she doesn't leave poor David in the dire straights that Leyla did.