EastEnders: Discussion Thread

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Thank for you letting us know about this. I remember Bryan seeming fairly confident when he was at Hollyoaks - he really seems so scared all the time now. I keep thinking back to when Louise Berridge talked about how she was hounded during her tenure as producer until she was near a breakdown. Perhaps that's just the way he is, I don't know. I read a comment at DS that said he should be more charismatic. That's not really his job. DTC and Santer were very fond of the camera but the show still became a mess.

I'm glad someone is now saying, even if it's after the fact, that having Ronnie in MORE misery after 3 years was not the best idea.

I was glad at the manner in which he defended the Syed/Christian bed scene, and also that someone mentioned the dumb Roxy money story.

I know he didn't give anything away but I don't care about hearing a lot of stuff anyway. I hear all kinds about Corrie and the show is unwatchable.

• Members

Well, if he's bringing back someone as random as Mandy, it really could be absolutely anyone. Sharon is my first thought. Who else would be be considered a "big" return, though? Grant or Michelle would be big, but pretty unlikely.

Edited by Amello

• Members

It wouldn't be "big", but someone at DS claimed that they talked with Gemma Bissix and Gemma left the impression she might be back at EE.

Some also think this may be Sean Slater. I sure hope not...

It's weird how much I can enjoy Tanya when she's around Syed, yet with just about anyone else I want Janine to throw her off a cliff.

• Members

Clare is not needed at all. Period. Forgetting that I despise the character for a second, she really doesn't serve any purpose, considering her role is being filled by other, better, characters. Plus, apparently GB is fond of telling lies, and this maybe her bigging herself up for whatever reason.

I've always liked Tanya, but last night was character destroying. I've been against this Max/Tanya affair from the off, as it really feels out-of-character for someone who has been through all she has with this guy, but for her to throw her sister under the bus like that was despicable. I thought the Jack affair couldn't be more out-of-character, but this is worse. But, I bet many people will eat this stuff up.

ETA: I've really loved the Janine/Lydia scenes on Monday - they were heartbreaking and so brilliantly written and acted. I've loved the follow up with Janine, but not so much the Ryan/Pat publicly accusing her of murder stuff, especially from Pat, who has always known when she's being genuine.

Edited by Ben

• Members

For me the buried alive story destroyed the character.

Tanya has given Rainie many chances over the years, and Rainie has always gone back to drugs and several times this has gone on around Tanya's kids (she even hit Abi up for money to buy drugs, didn't she.) I don't have a problem buying that she'd sacrifice her sister to keep some of her lies straight.

• Members

That's no excuse to paint your sick sister as being a violent psycho. Hopefully Cora will straighten her out.

I loved the buried alive story, in part b/c no UK soap had ever really done such a classic US soap story, and I had no problem believing that Tanya had snapped for a few weeks after being badly hurt by Max's cheating and lies.

• Members

For me there's a difference between snapping and methodically plotting out murder. And the show then still tried to paint her as a heroine. No thanks.

I do wish Pat wasn't written as a plot device, but I think this is kind of similar to where she was when she let people believe Janine killed Laura. She was very badly hurt by Janine last year.

• Members

Susie Hill Tweeted that Neil McDermott is leaving the show:

http://twitter.com/#!/SuseHill/status/82227836768886784

This is good timing, because I don't think there's anything left for the character...

Here's the article: http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/view/196664/Bad-lad-Neil-McDermott-axed-as-love-rat-goes-home/

Edited by Y&RWorldTurner