EastEnders: Discussion Thread

• Members

I wonder if he really did want to leave or if they wrote him out. Perhaps he and his wife want out of the limelight?

Ryan is a jerk and not exactly exciting, but he's also the only beefcake they have. Maybe they think the new Moons will replace him.

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

No, but this is an area the show has been trying with for years, especially since Dennis left. There have been so many misfires (Deano, Callum, Danny). So in that area, Ryan seemed popular, even if he wasn't exactly a dynamic presence.

• Members

My PBS station is finally getting to the episode where Janine pushes Barry off the cliff and left him to die. Kat and Alfie's 2003 Christmas wedding was last week.

We're on the first week of 2004 now, and of course, 2004 is generally considered to be one of the worst years in the show's history. I'm kind of excited about watching it from beginning to end for that reason alone. :lol:

• Members

Patsy Palmer really is an ungrateful little snot isn't she?

Apparently, she's demanding more money and to work a lot less, and the BBC aren't amused.

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/notw/nol_showbiz/nolcelebrity_tv/1327421/Patsy-Palmer-quitting-EastEnders.html

If Jo Joyner can work fulltime after having twins, then Patsy should be no exception. But to want to work less and be paid more? What the hell is that? No actor is bigger than the show.

• Members

I don't see a need to kill Bianca. I don't miss her that much, mostly because she was so isolated and Santer turned her return into months of her shouting at Ian and throwing fits in restaurants, but the character does have some long-running and moving relationships, with Carol, Whitney, Pat, among others. If Patsy won't return then just have her stay out of Walford and have the kids shuffled back and forth. I don't know if Ricky would work without her but I'd give it a try.

• Members

Gotta love the anonymous comment under the article. :lol:

Now I'm really intrigued about Cora's return to the square. I honestly believed it was going to be short term, and she would be playing a supporting role in stories. From the sound of it, Kirkwood wants to make Cora a bigger part of the square. I like how he described Mandy's return to the square, to that of a hurricane. Having watched clips of the character from the 90s, she was quite the trouble maker, I wonder if she hasn't changed much.

• Members

That makes no sense to me. The way the story she had about her child with Billy ended was bizarre and it's clear this was one of many issues going on during whatever chaos was supposedly happening behind the scenes late last year. I don't understand the point of bringing on her granddaughter and then getting rid of her. Won't this just be a repeat of Billy and Jay, only this time Jay is in drag?

• Members

What do you mean by this, if you don't mind me asking? I don't recall hearing about chaos going on behind the scenes late last year?

Ths show is in quite a bad state at the moment if you ask me. There's nothing really drawing me in. Though I will be tuning in for Mandy's return, I'm really looking forward to that. Is Emmerdale any good at the moment cos Corrie and EE are equally as bad!

BTW, where did Ricky go to on-screen?

Edited by Edward Skylover