EastEnders: Discussion Thread

• Members

Apparently, Peggy will be getting her own special version of Julia's Theme in her last episode.

The only other person I can recall getting a unique version of Julia's Theme was Kathy Beale. Does anyone know of anyone else?

http://www.demonmusicgroup.co.uk/Product.aspx?ProductID=5221

Edited by Y&RWorldTurner

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Windsor has talked about coming back, but it seems like they are ushering her out permanently.

The person who posts the Shannis clips on YT just put up Mark Fowler's death scenes. They are so sad and difficult to watch. It is good to see Wendy Richard. I have missed Pauline.They should have never killed her. Pauline should have been sent off to Florida to make Michelle and Sharon's lives miserable until it was time to kill the character off screen.

Watching these scenes reinforce my opinion that Sharon has got to return. EE needs her presence to center the show and expand the Beales.

I didn't realize that Ian lives in the Fowler house. Did he buy it or is it still the family house?

Edited by Ann_SS

• Members

Killing Mark was one of Louise Beridge's stupid mistakes. She said they had reached the end of the line in terns of story opportunities for him, and that Todd Carty agreed. I think that was really a stupid reason. There's always story potential if they're creative enough.

Pauline was an unlikable bitter old witch towards the end. I wasn't sad to see her go, neither was Wendy Richard apparently. They could have gone about killing her off in a better way, though.

• Members

Another enjoyable episode.

Ian is hilarious. Trying to befriend his kids' friends on Mates Gates was so funny and pathetic at the same time. I had to look up Kelvin Carpenter on Wiki. I remember him and Carmel now. Now I feel old, like Ian does.

Lucy is such a bitch at times. She is great. I hope the new Lucy is just as bitchy. I think Peter was brought by the stork. I love contrast between the two of them.

How many years has Minty been mooning over Sam now? It is ridiculous. I can't believe that he proposed. However, kudos to Minty for telling Peggy off. She is so delusional about her parenting skills.

Poor Ricky. I really hope that baby is not his or Jack's. Neither of them deserve to be stuck with Sam.

I really liked Abi's hair, but the outfit sucked. The fear on Abi's face listening to Kim go on about styling her hair was so funny. I thought Vanessa was very sweet with Abi.

Christian and Syed are so cute together. After all that over the top drama, it is nice to see them happy and in love. Syed looked very handsome in that suit.

It is a surprising development:

Edited by Ann_SS

• Members

Today's show:

Vanessa seems to be coming more into her own as a character during this second stint. I liked her little Dirty Dancing routine with Max in the kitchen. It was fun and light-hearted. I also think she has a really nice and cool chemistry with Abi, though Abi looked like a child hooker after her makeover...

I enjoyed seeing the Beale's again. The MatesGate stuff was Ian was funny, and it was nice that they managed to work in a reference to Kelvin, Ian's old friend. I also enjoyed Lucy treating Zsa Zsa like low rent gutter trash.

I actually like Jane's little interior redecorating.

Christian/Syed seemed like an afterthought, though it's better to see them happy I guess. But Syed is still on his woo is me and me me me routine. <_<

Sam agreeing to marry Minty for the sake of her baby says it all really as to how she thinks of Minty. I have to say that Daniella Westbrook is doing a better job this time around than she did last year.

Overall, enjoyable for a Monday episode I thought. Nothing huge, but building up to stuff that will happen throughout the rest of the week.

Oh, has anyone noticed how different and more softer the lighting is on the show these days? The directing has also gotten sharper. I kind of like these little aesthetic changes.

Edited by Y&RWorldTurner

• Members

I haven't seen tonight's show yet -- did they use a recent photo of Kelvin? If so I hope that might mean he could return. I would like to see Kelvin and perhaps a family. He could get together with Denise.

I guess Michelle and Sharon don't have Facebook or whatever else you call it...

• Members

It was a recent picture of Kelvin, but we only saw it briefly on the computer. It would be good to have him back. I wonder if this mention is leading to his return. Kim and Denise are both manless.

Edited by Ann_SS

• Members

I'm praying Heather dies in the Vic fire.

I finally liked Christian and Syed for the first time. A gay couple actually being affectionate? :o What a nice change. However, Syed desperately needs a haircut. It's getting into Josh Ashworth territory.

I was shocked to hear what Peggy did to Sam, as I never knew of it before. She really is quite the horrible mother. What did she do to Grant?

Abi looked pretty good with the makeover, but I hope this crush on Darren ends sooner rather than later.

• Members

ITA. The lack of physical affection hurt Christian and Syed's love story from start. I appreciate that Kirkwood is rectifying this situation. He must have been chopping at the bit to let them have these intimate scenes. The kiss at the end got cut off, but the rest of the physical stuff was sweet. After watching Kirkwood's interpretation of Christian and Syed, I am taking a much harsher stance on Santer and Treadwell-Collins. They could have done a much better job with Christian and Syed's love story. There was no reason that Christian and Syed could not have been this way when they were alone since their relationship started last year. Syed could have been much physically closer with Christian and less so with Amira. However, maybe it is the success of Christian and Syed's story that is allowing Kirkwood to push the boundaries. For all we know, there might be lots of complaints after today's episode.

I love Syed's long hair, but this made me bust out laughing. I have a thing for guys with long hair.

Watching Minty tonight, it is hard to believe that he and Gary survived so long. Just uninteresting characters, played by mediocre actors. I feel the same way about Heather. I don't know how she survived Kirkwood's axe.

Edited by Ann_SS