EastEnders: Discussion Thread

• Members

Kirkwood had to have seen the mess he was inheriting with this story, and how it just didn't work without any explanation about where Lisa is. I'm glad it looks like he's actually paying attention to all these details.

It's typical of the Santer era though, to do something with little thought or follow though.

I bet Lisa's episode will probably be an hour long episode.

Edited by Y&RWorldTurner

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I started just before Sharon's first exit, which, I guess my PBS affiliate was airing episodes from 1995 at that time.

A few years later, thanks to BBC America, I was watching in near real time, and stopped for a while when BBC America took it off their lineup.

I then started watching via torrents during Santer's first year, but I lost interest fast. Then I started watching episodes here and there, and then recently I randomly started to watching regularly via torrents again.

I also visit the UK regularly, so I've always kept up with the show in a way.

Edited by Y&RWorldTurner

• Members

That's how I was too. I stopped with BBC America once they stopped airing the 80s reruns. I loved those. Even edited down, they were wonderful! They were so much like the soap I wanted to see, moreso than Phil overload, and Mel, and Zoe Slater, and all that. Still, I did like some of the stuff at that time, it's just I was annoyed at seeing the classic episodes yanked.

I got back into the show around late 2007 and have been here and there ever since (I had to avoid most of 2008). I'm still annoyed so many wonderful clips were taken off Youtube.

• Members

A few story ideas...in the very tiny hope that anyone running the stories will read this :lol:

Stacey has her baby. She tells Ryan he's the father, but asks him to keep it quiet until her life calms down. Ryan agrees, as he doesn't want to anger Janine. Janine still manages to piece it together, and as she and Ryan have a big argument, they learn that Becca has taken Stacey and the baby hostage. Ryan saves them, but dies of stab wounds from Becca. Janine is devastated, and goes to confront Becca in prison. Becca tells her that Stacey killed Archie and let Bradley die for it. She says Stacey is her real enemy, and she's telling her because the police won't bother. Janine blames Stacey for taking Ryan from her and begins a plot to make it look like Stacey killed Archie in cold blood and then framed Bradley to take the fall for her crime.

Ben becomes unglued over Louise's constant presence and Phil's obvious favoritism towards her. He decides to start a fire and make it look like Louise set it, but Heather catches him, and as he runs out, she's overcome by fumes. When Heather wakes up, she agrees to say she accidentally started the fire, but tells Shirley she and George are moving away because the Mitchells are too dangerous. Ben decides he doesn't want to keep being a burden and calls up his cousin Tony to ask if he can live with him. Phil is furious at the thought of Ben living with bisexual Tony, but changes his mind when he sees just how distraught Ben is about having to live as a Mitchell.

Christian and Syed move in together, as Syed is cut off from his family. Syed often feels ashamed of Christian's flamboyancy and sexual drive, and they have little to talk about. Lucy is suspicious of Syed and feels he is too selfish to be able to love anyone. She baits him by telling him that he should sleep with a few more men before he settles down with Christian. When Christian hears of this, he ridicules Lucy, telling her Syed would never do that. Then Christian goes home and finds Syed in their bed with another man. "It just happened," says Syed. Christian barely even has time to react before Syed says he hasn't fully explored what he is, and that he still might just need to get homosexuality "out of his system." He moves away from Walford, to parts unknown.

• Members

There are rumors about Ryan going, and if he does, then I think his death would bring a lot of consequences. As it is now he doesn't have a lot of ties to the Square so they may see him as dispensable.

I think Becca will end up faking a pregnancy with Max, or saying he raped her, or something, and going nuts with jealousy/envy/love over Stacey. I guess Stacey will be the one to find out she made the phone call. Either Stacey or Jean.

Edited by CarlD2

• Members

Probably not going to happen, but someone at DS said that on Devon Anderson's Twitter he thanked EE for the last few months of work and then asked people if they had connections in America and asked about other acting opportunities.