EastEnders: Discussion Thread

• Members

I just watched it! It was really good! Loved the acting, it gave both actors so much to do and it is amazing that they are giving so much material to their senior cast members. I really enjoyed the episode. 

However, I really hope this is not the end for this story.. This episode was a rollercoaster of emotions, going from finding out, to shame, to anger, to blame, to rage, to laughter, to love... This is such a traumatic experience, these feelings cannot be resolved in one conversation. So I hope this storyline continues. I did like that Patrick (as many men of his generation) sort of blames Yolande for not rejecting Pastor's advances more firmly, which gives us a great moment of Yolande throwing the glass and yelling at him explaining the situation to him. 

And I wonder if she will just go to the church and they will just move the Pastor to a different parish. I know this happens in real life and going to the police now would be useless since they have no evidence. I know the show is going for realistic, but sometimes they should just go with the happy ending route and just catch and sentence the rapist. 

Oh I see what you mean completely. I only have been back not even a full year, so maybe I watched and saw all the murders, I would probably hate them too haha I do like Suki as well! That's why I would break her up from Eve and get her into a more exciting relationship

Please register in order to view this content

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Watching the Patrick and Yolande two hander and it was so very well written, it felt like I was a stranger intruding, watching them have a personal and eye opening discussion. It ranged from tears, to anger, to laughter, to demonstrating the love these two have for each other. Kudos to the actors involved. 

• Members

I have to remind myself that Rudolph Walker is 84 years old and he’s still relatively energetic and sprightly (to the extent that he did that mad dash to catch up with Yolande when she first returned) and I shouldn’t do this but then to compare him to other people younger than him with less spring than him.

• Members

It was bound to happen, but Eastenders finally managed to beat Emmerdale in the ratings the week of the April 29th. I wonder if it will soon become a regular thing for the show. I hope this wakes up ITV, their soaps seem to be in trouble IMO. 

Link to the thread on DS.

https://forums.digitalspy.com/discussion/2282259/soap-ratings-thread-part-7/p79

https://www.barb.co.uk/viewing-data/most-viewed-programmes/

Barb viewing figures. 

• Members
Posted (edited)

Both shows are unwatchable to me in recent years, so in that sense (rather than what they used to be), it's like which turd flushes first.

Edited by DRW50

• Members

Wow, it's been a long time since I even checked out UK tv ratings, so I had no idea that Emmerdale had better ratings than EastEnders

But I hope they do go back to being higher than Emmerdale. Even though I haven't watched Emmerdale in ages and have no idea what their quality is lol

• Members
Posted (edited)

Really loved last Thursday’s episode with the stag party and Whitney giving birth. Great communal fun that soaps do best. Everyone helping Zack start his car gave me warm fuzzies and just when I was wondering where the hell Sharon went she pops back up with the most hilarious line delivery of the season “Get your knickers on your having a baby”

Whitney’s nurse being the same one who delivered Peach was a touching call back, and Bianca being a goof but locking in when it really mattered was just beautiful to see. Britney is also a character I’ve grown to care about in a short time, her hearing Zack and Lauren talk about their cheating was good soap and ironic considering her diagnosis lol

One thing I really appreciate about the show currently is how they give the black characters legitimate equal focus to their white counterparts. Denzel has kind of turned into the main face of the teen set with this steroids storyline and the US soaps would never let that happen. Nugget is a loser and I feel bad for poor Amy but loved how Penny supported her.

I was glad to see Elaine finally put herself first cause George has been wylin for a minute sneaking around with Cindy and the fight club. Part of me has wanted her to die so George could get The Vic to himself but she’s really grown on me.

George Junior has been an interesting addition. Bit of a scoundrel hiding his wife and kid and boinking Bianca, i’m curious where else they go with him.

I really hope Alfie and Kat get back together soon always one of my favorite pairings

I really really enjoy this show man. Just consistently solid soap.

Edited by detroitpiston

• Members

The cheating reveal at the wedding was so chaotic in the best soapy way and the fall out has been even better.

The Lauren and Whitney confrontation at The Vic was even more intense than the beatdown Whitney gave her at the wedding. They both got some great verbal slappings in and I cheered when Whit refused to throw the glass of water on Lauren but Bianca turned around and did it for her.

I wanted Zack and Whit to move on from this but I appreciate that the show is having her self reflect and break her toxic patterns when it comes to men as a way to exit the character from the canvas, her scenes with Callum, Britney and Bianca were great. I’m gonna be so sad watching her last episode man, Shona M has been carrying the show masterfully.

Freddie was sorely missing from the young set and the Slaters and I’m glad to have Mo back as well. I hope Freddie steals Anna from Bobbie she deserves better than that sister killer

I really like Monique so far and can’t wait to see her and George Junior get more in the mix.

Loved the Cindy and Elaine confrontation as well. Ian is such a loser lol its funny how everybody knows he’s a mug and Cindy doesn’t even hide the fact she’s with him because it is what it is at this point.