EastEnders: Discussion Thread

• Members

She also said he'd have to tell Sharon, right? Of course Michelle news would also affect Sharon.

If this leads to a Michelle recast or Mark Jr. coming back as yet another mouthbreathing teenage "stud," I'm going to flip a table.

Edited by DRW50

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I wouldn't mind a Vicky recast, as Sharon needs more family, the show needs more women in that Stacey/Shabnam age range, and Lauren, one of their few successful young female characters, is going for a year, but I hope they have a clearout of some of the female characters who are not working (Whitney, Abi unless they finally figure out how to properly write her mental problems, Nancy).

I think Alfie and Kat are too damaged of characters to be able to support another addition, and DTC consistently fails at writing young men, so I'm not looking forward to Spencer, but who knows.

The main problem with Mark Jr returning is there is no family unit (the Mitchells are still not a believable family, and the Fowlers are decimated - even what should have been a nice memory of Pauline was turned into sour sniping at Sonia), and again, DTC's failings.

I hope it's either Kathy or something totally random.

Edited by DRW50

• Members

Fair enough, Carl, re Kathy speculation. Let's wait and see.

I always thought the way to have gotten around Vicky's abrupt switch to an American accent would have gone something like this: during her 3 month absence, we found out that Vicky had been living in another area of London with four or five housemates. And in an effort to fit in with them she "adjusted" her accent. And so when she returned to Walford she made a conscious decision to hang on to it.

I haven't watched tonight's episode yet but I gather that Jo Joyner (Tanya) messed up and asked Jane "How's Adam?" rather than "How's Ian?" It's being treated like it's a big deal, of course.

Edited by TimWil

• Members

Yes, she said "How's Adam?" Some fans think Laurie Brett had a line and she dropped it to avoid confusion. I don't know. Part of me wonders if it was planned, as it's gotten a ton of press attention, but I doubt any actor would humiliate themselves that way. She's taken it in good humor. The irony is yesterday she'd jokingly tweeted that she was now on the scene to save Jake Wood from any live blunders (as some thought he fluffed a line on Monday).

I won't give anything away about tonight's episode but I will say that your theories about Kathy will continue after the show. I'm more confused than ever myself after tonight. I almost wonder if they put this thread in for viewers like me that don't care who killed Lucy.

Other than the Carters (again - this time with huge idiot plotting regarding Dean), this was a good episode, one I enjoyed almost everything in. There was far more "live" content than I'd expected, and the cast coped with it well.

I also think Ben Hardy's really done some very good work in these last few episodes.

• Members

If you want to see Nick's end you may want to start from last week.

I'm sure someone who watches more on a day to day basis can tell you what a good jumpoff point would be. I don't really think you will miss anything if you just start from last week, although you may want to look for the bit where Shabnam talked about her baby.

• Members

I have always liked Abi, so getting to see her/Lorna Fitzgerald take up the bulk of the live scenes tonight was a pleasure.

Those extra long pauses Jane had made me think Laurie forgot a line or two.

I was waiting to see who would be involved with the recreation of the very first scene tomorrow. Nice to see a Fowler (Martin) will be.

As soon as Adam left Joyner's mouth, I cringed for her. It didn't help that it was followed by one of the extra long pauses for Jane.

• Members

This is so funny.

@dollyjoyner You never answered me @LauriebrettX how is @AdamWoodyatt ?… #leastyouknowitslive #gutted
@AdamWoodyatt @dollyjoyner Thanks for asking, I’m fine.
@LauriebrettX @dollyjoyner @AdamWoodyatt should have said- you been drinking Tan?? Love you Jo,you’re the best . And The nation loved it