EastEnders: Discussion Thread

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I never liked Mo that much, but I liked Charlie. He was a weak man and deep down he knew it, which led to some real drama (like when he went HAM on Little Mo's rapist). I also thought he had an interesting relationship with Kat, and she has none of those at the moment.

But the show is more likely to have her shake her tits in the Vic for a few pound notes than to actually give her a character-driven storyline.

• Members

I don't think Beppe should be on this list, but I agree with most of the others, although I would have chosen Colin or Carmel or Mary Smith, all terrific characters who would never be on today's Eastenders.

http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/s2/eastenders/feature/a626730/eastenders-30th-13-underrated-characters-from-beppe-to-winston.html#~p44q7SYQNTUycr

• Members

Michael Greco (Beppe) was sexy, though. He still looked good when he had a tiny role this past season on Revenge as a posh hotel concierge. The real story behind his sudden departure was he refused to sign off on a short extension to his contract. Beppe was to get dumped AGAIN by Lynne in favor of Garry and Beppe was to go slumping off to Leicester. He said no way to that bs. The writers had to scramble so they brought on Lynne's fiance (the one who jilted her on her wedding day) to play out that storyline instead.

Edited by TimWil

• Members

He looked decent enough (as did Gianni), his voice just annoyed me. To be honest with you the only time I was interested in him was when he was friends with Steve - I thought they had good chemistry and could have hooked up (I felt that way with Steve/Matthew as well). I just don't think he was one of the all time best EE characters.

I did feel sorry for Greco when he got the [!@#$%^&*] beat out of him by idiots because he had stolen TIffany from Grant, or whatever.

I wonder why he stopped acting for 5-6 years.

Edited by DRW50

• Members

Who me? And on that list?

I thought the list had it right for the most part. I would've personally added Chelsea Fox b/c I enjoyed her while many didn't. It was refreshing to see a Black vixen on a soap, who gave her white female counterparts a run for their money. Especially drab ass Carly. She is desperately needed back IMO.

• Members

But why on earth is Winston (Ulric Browne) on that list? He's been horribly hammy for as long as he's been seen in the background and that thing sticking out from his forehead is hideous.

I agree it was a TERRIBLE mistake to kill off Paul. I think he and Bianca as a couple could have been fabulous. Patrick identified his body (was it onscreen?) so I guess there's no way he can be brought back.

Edited by TimWil