Coronation Street: Discussion Thread

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1307060/In-1960-gritty-new-ITV-drama-called-Coronation-Street-aired-7-412-episodes-later-origins-recreated--BBC.html

They didn't pick a photo of early Elsie -- Jessie matches her pretty well. Elsie used to have that look on her face quite a bit (it was sort of her face to make fun of those who thought they were above it all).

The Annie looks close, not so much the Ena and Ken (I know he's Bill Roache's son and all but in the photo he looks more like Will Forte).

• Members

Did you happen to watch the brief teaser clip from BBC4 that dannigold posted in the EastEnders thread? You hear Jessie in her Manchester-based accent, and the guy that plays Tony Warren.

4:40 in, just click on the link on the right side that starts with "watch the showreel."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/pressreleases/stories/2010/08_august/25/bbcfour.shtml

Edited by Y&RWorldTurner

• Members

Thanks. She's not too far off in the voice. Tony Warren reminds me of a young Jeremy Irons.

I didn't know if they blocked BBC website stuff for us but I'm glad they didn't with this.

Thanks for the behind the scenes clip. Not sure why they cast Jeremy Edwards...I guess they liked him on Dancing on Ice.

• Members

William Roache really was a hot little piece back then, wasn't he? I'm so used to Ken being boring and corny, but I always forget how different he was in the first couple of episodes.

How's the show been doing lately? I had an episode up and ready to go a few days ago, hoping that maybe I could be coaxed back into watching regularly again, but I've yet to watch that one episode.

• Members

Wouldn't you love to hear some of the reasons for these photos? Like why were Peter and Steve (being lazy and using character names) put in shiny pleather suit jackets? Peter looks bad. And why was John Stape put in the photo? I know he has a big story at the moment and I actually like the actor's work in the role but it just seems like they should be phasing him out.

Kat Kelly and the girl who plays Fiz both look good -- Kat looks gorgeous. The other women I think there were some bad choices with dresses and colors.

Did someone who hates Ben Price give him that haircut? :lol: It's just EARS EARS EARS.