Hollyoaks: Discussion Thread

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

First of all, the Peapack GL model would be used more with English soaps using huge outdoor "sets".

Second, expect a reduction to a half an hour to happen next with massive cast culls. The stories won't slow down, though...as the English pace tends to be quicker than American serials.

Third, a bunch of people added that aren't related to the core families. A lot of American soaps always see the need to connect someone to everyone else. As much as I like DAYS, everyone's related to each other and it gets annoying at times.

Edited by Winchester91

• Members
You mean that hack job that happened on GH, or was it when Nick revealed what happened in prison on Days?

I'm not just talking about the male rape story but some of the other stories they've done

Speaking of this story, didn't this Culminate from a bullying story

Edited by cassadine1991

• Members

11 minutes of clips of Paul Danan as Sol Patrick, one of the many damaged stepchildren Jack took in over the years.

There's a quick bit with James Corden (who, once he became famous, promptly trashed his time on Hollyoaks), and a little with Jack and Darren.

Sad to say this is the most I've watched of Hollyoaks in years.

• Members

- Less shock value

- More followthrough for stories

- Stop telling social issue stories unless they will truly explore them

- Bring back some old characters to give the show a history

- Drop the mob

- Cut the dead weight. If the only story for Mercedes is another session of her spreading her legs, it's time to go.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

This show is just...evil for what it did to Lindsey. Hasn't this woman suffered enough already? I can't believe they had have an abortion.

I'm just sick to my stomach at this turn of events....I don't even know how to process it.

I don't give one flip about John Paul. As far as I'm concerned he's been an idiot ever since this old guy came to town and his judgment hasn't be worth crap. If he had had any sense he would never have laid a finger on Finn and he would have reported all the bullying months ago. Not to mention he would not have let the stupid disturbed teenager sleep at his house. He should have called Diane and Tony right away and given him over to their custody.

I just can't deal with what they're doing to Joe and Lindsey. And Freddy and Sinead can go to hell for all I care.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Okay the show is on Hulu and of course I am back. I will never leave Hollyoaks now. I find it a bit of a pain to watch stuff on my laptop so I'm glad I have a TV option for this. It looks GREAT on TV and the production values seem to only get better with time. I don't really know what to think about stories yet since I've only watched about a weeks worth of episodes. After 20 episodes I should have a better idea. I need to get to know so many characters.