AMC: "Reunited in the Valley"-TV Guide Article

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I feel the same way about Pratt that I did for B&E and Ron Carlivati....cautiously optimistic. Pratt's had success in daytime before, and he was a good balance for Guza IMO. I'm reserving judgment until I can see his work play out on screen.

I never thought B&E were the terrible writers some assumed them to be. I may not have liked all of their stories, but they were certainly not the worst writers to ever write for AMC. B&E were an ok transition from McTavish. They cleaned up a lot her of garbage and told some really good stories (such as their Crash storyline which started off great....and midway though sucked terribly).

While I don't think being uber excited about any new writer will benefit you in the long run, I do think we should maybe stop our bitching before material even airs. Cautious yes, optimistic yes, critical of past stories? Yes, of course. But give him a chance...(wow does this sound familiar.....I could have sworn I wrote something similar last year when B&E joined....oh deja vu)

Why do people even consider Wikipedia a source given all the bullshit people post on there....

• Members

I'm excited, because this really could reflect the DNA of AMC.

When the show debuted, and Phil went to war, Ruth protested Vietnam.

AMC is a show which has so fundamentally lost its identity. But if a modern topical story about the war is part of the new canvas, this may be a writer who understands some of Agnes' sociopolitical agenda, and how it can be used to drive compelling drama.

• Members

One huge mistake AMC has made with this whole RPG/BE thing is not really establishing RPG's Jake before Taylor shows up. They had 3 months to do this and they didn't really bother. A handful of scenes with Tad, Greenlee, and Frankie isn't enough. Now many viewers are not going to be interested in this pairing between two newbies. I've even seen this concern voiced by hardcore RPG & BE/Gus & Harley fans.

It's as if AMC/ABC sees no value in RPG without BE. Which makes me wonder what will happen if Jake & Taylor don't work.

• Members

But were we as polarized back then as we are now? Some people are likely to look at this story, think "oh great... Democrats vs Republicans. I can see that on the evening news" and turn off the TV.

It does sound interesting and it's definitely not a vanilla story, but it could turn some people off.

Archived