Where the Heart Is 1969-1973

• Members

Wrong thread. Sorry.

Heartbreaking news about Robyn Millan, and her last years. Thank you for finding this @jam6242. I'm glad Danny Hill's audio recordings of her are still available as they really changed my opinion of her work after just seeing her on Ryan's Hope.

Edited by DRW50

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

NEW YORK — "Where the Heart Is" a new daytime dramatic series revolving around the affections conflicts and tensions found in the close-knit relationships of the IHathaway family and their associates and featuring such Broadway actors as Diana van der Vlis,James Mitchell,  Diana Walker and Mark Gordon will premiere Monday 11-11:25 am in color on the CBS television network.

"Where the Heart Is" will take over the Monday-through-Friday time period now filled by "Love of Life" daytime television's second longest-running dramatic series which will be presented at 10:30-11 am starting Monday

OTHERS IN the cast of the new series include Stephen Joyce, Louise Shaffer. Gregory Abels, Terry O'Connor, David Bailey,Bernard Kates and Robyn Milian The setting for "Where the Heart Is" is the mythical community of Northcross-just two hours from New York City.

Interwoven in the story are the 'strengths and weaknesses of the Hathaways as well as those of were their friends and business acquaintances'.

Miss Van der Vlis plays Kate Hathaway, a woman of grace warmth and beauty who four year earlier was jilted by Roy Archer (Joyce) an actor-producer and opportunist who eloped with Kate's younger sister Alison (Louise Shaffer).

Mitchell is seen as Julian Hathaway- Kate's older brother, a Rhodes scholar and chairman of the English department of Northcross College but a flunk-out in the world of human relations.

Diana Walker plays Mary Hathaway, Julian's young second wife.

Abel ls is cast as Michael Hathaway Julian's son by his first wife.

Gordon portrays Ed Lucas, a native of Northcross who came back from the Korean War with a surprisingly large bankroll and opened an exclusive cocktail lounge just out of town.

Terry O'Connor appears as Christine Cameron, a top-flight magazine illustrator and Kate Hathaway's best friend.

Bailey plays Tony Monroe, a roving feature writer for a national news weekly who though married is romantically interested in Christine.

Kates is seen as Arthur Saxton, a local real estate operator secretly working for a large building syndicate and 'Robyn Milan as Vicki Lucas, an 18-year-old with a decorous facade that hides a scheming mind

• 3 months later...
  • Members

I have discovered that I have a tape recording of the original theme music, (opening and close and announcer) to "Where the Heart Is," taped in the summer of 1970. To my knowledge, (correct me if I'm wrong) this is not extant on the Web, however, I'd be afraid to post lest I violate ASCAP or other copyright laws. Have no idea who wrote it, but the visual was a butterfly in flight, photographed in slow motion.

Brent.

• Members

I just watched Robyn Milan on a 1973 episode of Hawaii Five-0. She played the wife of Bo Hopkins (Dynasty etc....) She, her husband( Bo), her husbands parents (Slim Pickens & Barbara Baxley) and little mute sister were a family of serial killers who wiped out people when they needed money. At the end when they all get arrested, the mother of the clan tells a horrified Steve McGarrett when he asks them why, she say's they weren't kin, so it doesn't matter. Dead people don't need money.

• Members

I'll check into doing this, if there is sufficient interest out there. It's the theme I best remember for the show, low key, clarinet I believe...I also have a snatch of dialogue from "Search for Tomorrow" from that same summer between a character named "Ida," and a younger woman on Ida's front porch.

BC

• Members

I think there's probably a -85934805% chance of anyone at all giving you grief over posting this on YouTube. There are literally hundreds of video clips of much more well-known soaps' theme songs (video and audio) online. You're not getting arrested or fined for posting this one.

If you're still wary, you can upload the clip, send it to me, and I'll post it on my account. I ain't scurred.

Edited by All My Shadows

• Members

Yeah, opening/closing credits tend to be fine, just like posting individual scenes. It's full episodes that tend to get people in trouble (and even then it just amounts to YouTube pulling down the episode rather than any legal consequences).

• Members

Outside of this group I think there are 7 people who even knew about the shows existence and only 2 of them watched when it was on the air. It'll be safe.

Outside of this group I think there are 7 people who even knew about the shows existence and only 2 of them watched when it was on the air. It'll be safe.

How very John Waters. Seriously, Divine could have been the matriarch of a family like that.

Edited by allmc2008

• Members

I'll get on it. Please be patient. My techno guru brother will have to help. I'll also include a Search for Tomorrow dialogue clip and Connie Eaton's vocal of the title theme from the "Best of Everything," done as a nightclub scene on the 9/7/70 episode.

• Members

Help Requested:

Vis a vis the "Where the Heart Is," and supplemental audio material, need some technological advice.

Have had a local electronics shop transfer the tape to a CD, however, we do not have a CD drawer on our laptop.

How can my brother capture the applicable soap segments from the CD and translate/transfer them into a collective format that can be sent to and accessed by the SON Community? Your help sorely needed. 

All Best,

Brent C.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I'm certain there's external CD drives you can purchase that connect to the laptop via USB. I'd be excited to hear what you have, hopefully this works for you!

Love the photos @Paul Raven, I know some have obviously been seen here and there, but it's always nice to have them crop up! James Mitchell was fine back in the day, I tell ya!