ABC: Anyone else sick of the MVP promos?

• Members

ABC is promoting the hell out of this show. It seems it gets more focus than its own soaps. Im sick of seeing it plastered all over the network every single day when I watch AMC and OLTL. I dont get why Frons and ABCD are pushing so hard for this. They should spend that advertising time and dollars on something like OLTL which actually deserves it

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Are you fuckin serious? And they wonder why their soaps are so low rated. They don't promote them enough. The only soap I've ever seen that has gotten a billboard was GL when they first introduced its new production model.

And yes I'm sick to hell of those MVP promotions. They ruin the soap cliffhangers.

• Members

thats f-ing unbeleivable! I cant beleive ABCD/SN would do that. That is a CANCELLED soap from another country. I dont get why they are hyping it as the next best thing. They are even saying its a SN original soap when its clearly not the case

• Members

I find it shocking--it got a huge ad in Ent Weekly too. Shocking because, while I thought near the end it showed promise, it was a HUGE flop here in Canada--not just "a success but too expensive" which is what the network is now spinning it as. And really with the nudity cut for American tv there's even less reason to watch it :P It's like they didn't; actually watch the actual show to see if it would have an audience... And as a Canadian I'm not sure if I'm insulted they're pretending it's not an already done Canadian show or pleased :P

• Members

Wow, that is something to really be pissed off about. SOAPnet has absolutely no respect the soaps anymore. Even if they do suck, SOAPnet should still be the cheerleader that cheers them when they're good and kicks them when they're bad. Now they're out-and-out ignoring them to promote a show that aired ONLY TEN EPISODES. Does it even matter how the ratings do? Are they going to produce new episodes if the ratings are good enough? I'm positive that they won't, so it makes no sense for them to get a gigantic billboard to promote the show.

I can just imagine a gorgeous vintage picture of AMC's Jesse and Angie or OLTL's Tina on one side of the billboard with a current picture of J&A or Tina on the other side of it. *That* would have been awesome.

• Members

Amazing is an overstatement (tho I never saw the last ep that I think enver aired and was online only) but it did find its groove, even if its groove was less campy and over the top than the ads make it sound, I do agree it got much better. I certainly find it more interesting than GH Nightwatch... I read an interview with the young male star, the one who's getting all the publicity (shame as I found him the least interesting, acting and cahracter wise, of the guys) where he blamed its failure in Canada that we hold our hockey players up as saints and don't like seeing them doing bad stuff. LOL umm yeah right...

• Members

You are so right they should have used that space to promote Jessie and Angie and Tina. I was over at DListed where Andrea got the title of "Hot Slut of the Week" and there were people saying they would tune in just to see her. If they had promoted her return better they could have gotten a real boost for One Life's ratings and with the show as good as it is they could have kept some of it. Brian Frons is an idiot.

Archived