ATWT: Iconic Songtress shows her Pride next Month

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Sigh.....Yo's????

Seriously, couldn't they even break out the nice Metro set? Cyndi will think the show is about hobos or something.

Hmmn...wonder how many extras will be on set? 5? :rolleyes: I can see it now...thirty seconds of song...one minute of unintelligable mumbling between Nuke as she sways in the background. Talk about a subliminal message...TIIC true colors will come shining through.

• Members

Pointless, stupid, dumb. I'm sure TPTB or whoever's responsible is probably thinking "Well, that'll shut those gay people up for a while."

It's ridiculous. Can SOMEBODY in the TV industry write a storyline about a gay couple without it being so damn cliche?! I would take a well-written, understandable, traditional soap romance about a couple that happens to be two young men over an overblown Gay Pride event/concert anyday.

Sometimes I wish GLAAD would mind their own damn business.

• Members

Well I actually think this will be really nice, that is if it is done right anyway. IMO this is all part of Luke and Noah's journey/storyline, but that is just me.

And I really don't think it is to shut anyone up, I think maybe they just finally realized there are alot of people interested in this story, and what to see it be told, so they are. I could be proven wrong on that, but just how I am feeling right now, LOL

• Members

Y'know...I read the blurb at the PGP blog...and for about 1.5 milliseconds, I had a warm fuzzy feeling. Cyndi hasn't always been my cup of tea, but she's still recognizable. ATWT could spin this into a ton of publicity. FINE.

THEN you read the details. Instead of being an event, it's at Yo's (now transformed into a gay dive bar...*sigh* more revised history...), for teen reporter Luke (who's spent all of FIVE days at college in his first year, and even less time in high school, with the kidnapping and kidney transplant and all....) to interview. It's like everything TIIC touch, they purposely turn to CRAP. It's like a challenge for them to see how utterly craptastic they can turn any idea in to.

I mean, c'mon...she is undoubtably the biggest performer ever to appear on ATWT. (Pre-"I Will Always Love You" Whitney doesn't count...) And she's singing at YO's. <_<

The only positive is that from the other report I read, it sounded like Cyndi actually knew about the show and Nuke. Either she watches the show, or she's been incredibly well briefed on it. If that's the case, maybe whoever did that can fill Pissy in on our history.

• Members

Sorry, ALL this is is an attempt to please the Nuke fans before sending Luke and Noah off to back burner heaven, because Chris will be able to say he's "done a gay storyline" when he gets complaints.

Seriously, they've been beat up, Noahs' dad hates the fact he is gay the whole Ammera thing and now this---is there any more gay stereotypes they need to butcher?

Archived