ATWT: Iconic Songtress shows her Pride next Month

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Why in hell do all the soaps have big-name singers appear in tiny little dives? I remember a few years ago when they actually had characters sitting in seats at a theatre watching a band, which is a lot more realistic at least.

• Members

I have always loved Cyndi Lauper so I'm glad that she is getting a chance to pimp her new album for any reason.

ATWT would be better served by telling a good soap story with Luke than anything else including a faux gay pride celebration.

• Members

ATWT is unrecognizable shiznat lately...

Carden and Lilack

Um I rest my case...

you know somewhere Passanante got up at like 3AM with a brainwave and called goutman's ass up and said "CHRIS I have the best idea ever... Let's put Lily with Jack and Carly with Holden and Goutman smiled and said "People will love that." *sigh* they're so out of touch with the fans and if they actually paid attention to that, they'd KNOW.

• Members

I complain about it because once again, they're doing everything except write an interesting story for this couple. They had the big kiss, then a dumb storyline, then they became a couple, then a dumb storyline, and now they're going to have this big event, but when all the smoke clears, there's going to be another dumb storyline. Truth be told, it's all subjective and it's just my opinion, but I just don't see the fun/hope in any of it anymore. This thing will make people happy for a while, but in the end, there's really no long-term plans for this couple. There can't be. It doesn't feel like it.

And besides, Oakdale is the host of a gay pride event? That's so...unOakdale.

• Members

Depends on which Oakdale you are talking about; small town Oakdale, yep, but it is possible in the big city Oakdale with skyscrapers, a major airport, on the ocean, maybe. LOL!

Ultimately, ATWT would not have a need for gay pride stunts if they had given Luke a good storyline and a romance with an interesting character played by an actor with some skill and talent because good storytelling would have melted some intolerant people's hearts.

Archived