B&B: Week of May 26, 2008

• Members

I am forever watchful. :P However, I have become immune to Brad Bell bashing. I know his  flaws very well and I don't need to read for the gazillionth time the same old post how Brad drops stories on a whim and... Well, you know, usually people only recycle the same three sentences to describe his writing. 

You're not one of them, though.

Why wouldn't you defend me? :shocked: 

Alden is just... Oh, I'm so done with this story.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think the Marcus thing...while I would have loved for it to have happened at Donna and Eric's wedding...I also see how Brad may have thought it was too cliche. This way when he decides to have Marcus exposed to the rest of the Forresters it will allow for greater conflict as all the Forrester kids will evict Eric from the company...it gives Ron Moss, Lesli Kay and Winsor Harmon something to do which I don't think is a bad thing.

And I wouldn't blame Michael Minnis or Kay Alden for any of it. Brad is very hands on, it's his show, he drives the bus and I happen to like what he does, flaws and all. I don't know the extent of Michael's involvement on the show, but Kay Alden is the show's script editor so I don't think she's got a heck of a lot of control (let's not even go into how she 'wrote' the show during the strike, oh yeah, it was ALL Kay, suuuure ;)

• Members

beyond disgusted by the Taylor/Rick love scene. Im wishing Hunter Tylo didnt return to B&B earlier this year bc they've done nothing but ruin Taylor with everything they write for her. This story is NOT working.

I fear BB is about to go into one of its boring slumps. I already feel it coming on bc I dont see much now and in the near future worth getting excited over. We always get weeks/months of amazing soap and then it quickly slows down into a bore until it gets a kick in the right direction.

• Members

I couldn't watch Rick and Taylor. Caught a glimpse of them in bed, and well....to put it nicely, HT looks like KL's mom.

How insane is it that Donna's illegitimate child is going to bring a monumental scandal upon Forrester? The only Forrester child without an illegitimate offspring is Kristen. (If I'm not mistaken, Thorne married Darla after Alexandria's birth...) Ridge isn't Eric's son. Thorne has headed a rival business. Felicia, well, what hasn't she done? Lame, lame, lame.

• Members

Is anyone else slightly unimpressed with the writing lately?

There were quite some continuity errors over the past few weeks. The most crucial is - once again - the oversight of Eric’s vasectomy, hence he can’t that easily produce children with Donna anymore... My favourite however occurred during one episode where Donna said Eric was going to have a business call to China and Eric just 5 minutes further into the same episode he got to go to make a call to Singapore...

The stories itself are rather meh as well. But I digress. The Taylor-Phoebe stuff last week was great, though. This was my Taylor and Hunter Tylo was awesome. :)

• Administrator

I am. Especially with the Donna/Marcus storyline.

In just two weeks we already saw:

- Marcus finding Donna

- Donna finding out Marcus is her son

- Eric finding out Marcus is Donna's son

What's the hurry, Brad???

• Members

This is so awkward to just jump in the middle of discussion I haven't been involved in months. LOL! I guess I just post a couple things on how I'm feeling about the current stories.

The only thing I'm really digging about the Donna/Marcus story is Pam. As long as there is more reason for Pam to make Donna's life a living hell, I'm all for it. Especially since Stephanie has been de-clawed.

Anybody that knows me knows that I'm a big Taylor fan, but this story with Rick has been making it very hard. I've lost about any respect I had for the character, but I guess what happened with her and Phoebe this past week helps a little. I don't know.

I want Ridge and Ashley back ... find something for Ashley to dang-nabbit.

I hope to be posting more often. It's nice to see some real B&B discussing going on. LOL!

EDIT: I think I need to change my signature soon! LOL!

• Members

Yeah you can change it because MAB has taken her place.

I for one don't see how giving a child up for adoption is scandalous at all especially since she was a teenager when it happened. The Forresters have done much worse and they weren't teenagers like Donna was. None of the Forresters have any room to talk about scandal.

• Members

Setting up the Forrester kids as holier-than-thou may be the strategy.

Donna can go after THEIR hidden pasts...things none of us have seen yet. And she can BRING THEM DOWN.

Some of it we DID see...Thorne shot Ridge. Ridge slept with Thorne's wife Caroline. Ridge kissed his sister (Bridget). Who KNOWS what Felicia got up to while living away (we know she slept with Dante after getting drunk during that period...so there were probably lots of other debaucheries....maybe even including female lovers). Let Donna bring those smug bastards down.

Stephanie will be motivated to defend her brood...and THAT could really give Steph some prime fighting time.

• Members

Everybody is going to be shocked with the fact that Donna Forrester has a child out of wedlock.

This is HUGE compared to:

Donna marrying Eric, her sister's ex-husband

Brooke being married to Eric and both of his sons

Thorne having married the same woman (Macy) four times

Donna was dumped at the altar by Eric's son Thorne

Donna was (kind of) involved with Ridge

Bridget Forrester was considered by the world Ridge's daughter for years, then she turned out to be his sister

Eric's daughter Bridget has been married to her mother's ex-husband

Felicia's death was announced and then she showed up fine, her mother was hiding her

Stephanie suing Brooke for custody her children TWICE (Rick and Budge, Hope and R.J.)

Taylor going through a trial for killing her ex-sister-in-law

Taylor getting involved with Ridge's three brothers and his father over the years

Phoebe and Rick dating despite they are considered members of the same family

ALL of Eric's children have left Forrester to work for his number one enemy Sally Spectra over the years.

• Members

First: Welcome back! Missed ya around here, brotha. :;):

This is gonna be a very DeeDee inspired post because we very much agree...

WORD

Amen

ITA, best couple in many years...

Stop hoping, just do it! ;)

Coming back to what I dislike about B&B's writing at the moment.

As Elsa flashed out for that Donna Forrester "SCANDALOUS"-Drama one could do it for nearly everything going on right now. The stories are really contrieved. And it's not just one. Everything is. And it's wrapped in not too stellar fashion.

B&B is above such low-key drivel...

I consider that actor playing Marcus a HUGE find - but he's going to be sooooo wasted on B&B in two months time. The Y&R cast is calling Texas Battle! As a Malcolm recast, Dru's never heard of son, Lily's love interest - anything. Y&R really could use him...

The only thing interesting (besides the classic Eric & Stephanie friendship we haven't seen since the mid 90s) on B&B these days is Pam. But as someone here suggested, Pam should have driven that Marcus storyline!!! That would have made huge drama...

Instead we got an insta plot in a rushed through fashion which is bound to end in a teen scene love triangle. YAWN!

BTW: My guess is that B&B is heavily stockpiling episodes since they have to go from 4 weeks advance to 8 weeks advance come Summer and so the writers probably had to shell out double the usual amount of scripts after the strike. Still... <_<

Archived