Y&R: Car accident and flashback make Nick 'Restless'

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Nick & Sharon are soooo played out. The ebst thing for both of them was to end, now they jsut need to move into storylines away from eachother.

Why cant JT & Sharon form a friendship. Vicotira can be slaving away at work rebelling against the fact she now has a family and he could need some help pretty much being a single father. Sharon can help him out.

Nick and Phyliss could be hawt, and Michelle & Josh's chem is bigger than the grand canyon. They just need a storyline worth it.

• Members

Men with integrity always cheat on their wives months after one of their children has died. Sure, Nick has integrity, so does my big toe.

Phyllis' relationship with Nick turned her into a sappy bore. I think they're only still a couple because, forgive me, Michelle Stafford was the ugly, fat girl in school and she's living out some high school fantasy by being with the "hot boy". Or maybe that's just how she's choosing to play Phyllis. Because watching Phyllis with Nick is like watching Dumb & Dumber and unfortunately Phyllis is the dumber part.

They HAD hot sexual chemistry but they were also involved in an affair. It's an AFFAIR, of course there's going to be sexual chemistry. They just can't sustain as a couple. Their relationship is one-sided and vapid.

• Members

Oh, I hated Nick, and found him not even interesting until AFTER Cassie's death (well, I thought he rocked during that story too), and AFTER he came clean about the affiar and rebuilt his life. I thought his active CHOICE for Phyllis was the transition from boy to man.

There is no denying the sexual origin and foundation of this couple. A corollary consequence, though, is that we see moments of intimacy...sorely lacking on this show. I don't mean sexual intimacy...but moments of touch, close conversation, shared problem solving. YES, there have been such scenes, and I treasure them. I would say there have not been enough of them, but that is in the writing, not the pairing. One of my favorite couples ever was Hill Street Blues' Furillo & Davenport. That is what Nick and Phyllis could be. Busy lives, not always together...but every night, they come together.

I'd even say there is no denying the vapidity of Phyllis. What I see Stafford playing, and what she has said recently again in the press, is that Phyllis is always insecure. So, we're seeing a lady always scanning the environment, always checking for bad around the corner, always looking for signs of the lowering boom.

Were I the writers, I would create a threat for this couple that is NOT Sharon. Because I like Nick as a truth-speaking man of honesty and integrity, I would not have him be REMOTELY tempted by the threat. But, I'd have Phyllis CERTAIN that she was going to lose Nick. That would set in motion her more destructive self-protective behaviors. (Running people over, and so on).

THROUGH THAT PROCESS, Nick could come to realize that she's not really that attractive inside. And THAT could lead to a dissolution of the couple eventually.

Sharon was Nick's boyhood choice...and their relationship deepened with the family they had together. The old Nick broke up that family (though Sharon tried plenty hard to break it up too). I like to think that the man Nick has become is more solid, more self-actualized, and can be counted on.

I really don't want to see Phyllis and Nick broken up stupidly, with something like Summer-is-not-Nick's-daughter. Stupid, boring, predictable. Break them up because they fundamentally realize their incompatibility. I'd like to see Phyllis self-destruct because she does not trust his love.

• Members

Count me among the fans who would like to see Phyllis and Nick play out as a couple and develop some teeth that they can use to tear at each other. From the spoilers I have seen, the writers are not going near the Nick lying option. He gets all of his memory back says sorry to Sharon and Daniel then tells Phyllis she made him a better man. I guess that will work for now. Josh and Michelle have crazy chemistry. I'd rather watch them deliver lines to each other about that crappy magazine than Josh and Sharon doing their best to impersonate a love scene. They were very bland to this viewer. I find Nick and Phyllis to have more heat and want to see them really explored as a couple.

Sharon and Jack can have a kid to drive their ex's up a tree.

• Members

Sharon, Jack, Phyllis, and Nick need to get the hell out of one another's orbit. Those 4 characters have been joined at the hip for a good 3 years now. It's time to branch them out and involve them in storylines that don't involve all 4 characters.

The Phyllis character has been destructed ever since her relationship with Nick. What happened to the woman who was a tortured soul and deeply flawed? I hate this perky stepford version of the character we've seen since she and Nick became a legitimate couple. Break them up in some way, it doesn't have to involve Sharon. I don't see Nick and Phyllis as couple with that much staying power. Phyllis is a much stronger and much more complicated character than Nick, she needs someone to challenge her and to keep up with her. Nick is far too laid back for that.

For all I care, they could keep Summer as Nick's kid, so it ties Nick and Phyllis together. However, there should be a bitter divorce that plays out, after Nick finds out or realizes what a raging lunatic the real Phyllis is. They can then move on with other people, but only have Summer in common.

Both Michelle and Josh have said that they don't see Nick and Phyllis as the end game, I can only hope that's true.

• Members

Jack and Sharon need...something they are not capable of finding but they are sweet. I want to see the quad broken up too. Phyllis and Nick work for me. As much as I like them, I would think they are not the end game either. But they're going to be around for a while. I could use a big ole fight. They were awesome the summer they were trying to hunt down Lily and Daniel. I want some of that Phick back.

Nick didn't mean much to me before Cassie died either. ICAM with the fact that Phyllis is Nick's choice as adult love. Joshua Morrow has said so himself in a few different ways on a few different occasions. IMO, Sharon will always be his first and purest love. But Phyllis will be the first and deepest adult love. She rocked his world. Get them out of that dreadful office. RS is like the berumda triangle of storylines. Talented people enter and never emerge again.

• Members

1st of all...I totally forgot that Nick had amnesia.

Talk about a stortyline that went nowhere :rolleyes:

And 2nd of all...How many times is Nick going to mourn Cassie?

This makes the 3rd time now!

Wonder how Josh will play it this time?

Less snot?

More tear drops?

Bigger frown wrinkles?

So played out.

I miss Cassie too...but I'm kind of over this beat.

• Members

These scenes don't make me cry, they just make me mad and want to spit at my screen. I will never get over that the stupid writers threw away years of potential story lines and parental/child angst in favor of an unsuccessful attempt to win Josh M and Sharon C, Emmy's. I still wish they would write that Sharon had twins so they could slightly right this wrong.

Archived